Menu
cameronhhh
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Awful Ping and Packet Loss

This has become an absolute joke. For the past year I've been suffering horrible ping spikes, packet loss and random router drop-outs and none of the problems have been fixed.

I'm using a SuperHub 1 currently, haven't upgraded yet. The download is fine, upload is fine but ping is terrible. 

Here's a ping-test I've just done (this isn't a one-off, it's always this bad) http://www.netmeter.co.uk/ping-test/201736-29916-4eb5.html

0 Kudos
cameronhhh
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Ping and Packet Loss

The ping and packet loss are fine when I reset the router, but this only stays for an hour then it's back to bad internet. I'm using wired connection.

0 Kudos
cameronhhh
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think it's due to the superhub overheating, I've looked into people with the same problems and everytime it's due to a fault on their superhub. How would I go about getting a replacement?

0 Kudos
Wheatyjango
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Had problems with Ping for as long as I can remember. Got much better when got a new Hub, and upgraded to 200Mb, but still spikes out. Average ping for me is 64, spiking up to 120 and with regular total freezes on LoL. I'm paying a lot of money for a service which isn;t up to it. Interestingly, it affects my Windows laptop much more than my desktop Mac, supporting my opinion that anything by Microsoft sucks.

0 Kudos
cameronhhh
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm also displeased with the VM service, haven't had anything good from it.

0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

VM is without a doubt the worst ISP for gamers.

Cooparr
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have also been struggling with an unacceptable amount of packet loss recently. Monitoring my broadband now (graph below), hopefully something will be done about this. Contacted VM over the phone twice and online chat. Engineer has been booked hopefully they will solve the issue. 

My Broadband Ping - Alex VIVID 350

0 Kudos
cameronhhh
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

We pay for 'the best broadband in the UK' and get the worst, I could honestly pay £5 a month to giffgaff and get better latency.

0 Kudos
Cooparr
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The packet loss issue has got better, are you buy any chance area 24? Only reason I ask is, this thread regarding packet loss in area 24, another members graph shows exact same packet loss spikes as my connection. Looks like it a VM issue within the Area. 

Here is a more up to date graph of my current broadband, still showing packet loss. 

My Broadband Ping - Alex VIVID 350

0 Kudos
JohnMas
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same issue as well since the weekend. I play planetside 2 and I am constantly getting low connectivity meaning my server latency and ping continually keeps dropping out. I am unable to continue playing this or another other online shooting fps game.

I have done the various speed checks and they seem fine, but as I stated above I am having this issue and not only with planetside 2. I have called the helpdesk in India, but they were not much help.

I am also in Area 24 and as stated by other posters, issues started around the weekend,,my graph if it helps

hope we are able to hear something official from the VM team

Broadband graph.png

0 Kudos