Menu
Mac_MLJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else having problems connecting to 5g with their consoles?

Hi

I recently upgraded to the "Superhub" as I was told that it was an ideal "gaming" hub.  My problem is that I cannot find the 5G connection with my PS3 or PS4 and neither my freinds Xbox 360 or One can find it either.  My Laptop also cannot see it and neither can my PS Vita.  In fact the OLY thing that can find it at all is my crappy Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and I'm not really about to do any hardcore online gaming on that anytime soon.

If I now have to go and buy some extra equipment just to get access to it then I'm not exactly going to be thrilled.  I have a friend who recently asked a similar question about his PC not being able to connect and he was told (by a Virgin Media representative) that it's not Virgin's responsibility to check whether your devices are compatible.  If this is the line being taken then I'm somewhat confused as to how it can be sold as a "gaming" hub when, so far, NO gaming consoles seem able to find it.

Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
Craigyh74
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else having problems connecting to 5g with their consoles?

Do you mean connect to the 5ghz band on wifi opposed to the 2.4ghz??? If so as far as I'm aware none of the consoles are compatible with the 5ghz band. I may be wrong and someone can correct me.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else having problems connecting to 5g with their consoles?

Hi Mac_MLJ

Welcome to the forum. Certain devices are compatible with 5GHz and some aren't. With consoles the PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't whereas the Xbox One is compatible.

If you are serious about your gaming a wired connection is definitely recommended rather than a wireless connection as wireless is prone to many types of interference. If distance is the issue for not having a wired connection there are a list of accessories you can obtain here such as powerline adaptors.  

Hope this info helps 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos