Menu
The-Oracle
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Android game Summoners War, by Com2Us, getting "Network delayed errors" on Virgin Media by many users!

Not sure which board to post on, maybe a technical issue or a game issue.

The android game "Summoners War", by Com2Us, is getting "Network delayed errors" and associated issues, on Virgin Media by many users.

This has been an issue for myself and many other users, since a recent game update, most of these users are on Virgin Media board band, although mobile carriers EE & Vodafone seem to be affected too, along with some others.

Many of the users have sent emails (1:1 inquiries) and posted in the Com2Us forums, but we have received very little in the way of a response yet, accept this on their forum:

"Network issues are often times an issue with your ISP/mobile carrier provider, so please let me know the ISP and location in which you are having this issue. In the meantime, try playing on a separate device or network to fix this error. Thanks!"

If they read the forum more closely they would see a list of the affected networks & the countries and that it is NOT a device issue.

This is not very helpful to any of us, and is essentially blaming Virgin Media and the other affected networks.

Could I ask that a few of you at Virgin Media or other Virgin Media users try the game on Android (not sure about iOS) over Virgin Media board band and see if you get problems with game? It does take a while to install from Google Play store and update, then see if you can resolve it, if not at Virgin Media's end, highly unlikely, contact Com2Us with your findings and post a reply here.

Thanks for any help by anyone at Virgin Media, or any other techie users out their who care to check this out.

I look forward to a "Super Fast" response, or at least a response better than Com2Us has provided so far.

Regards

The-Oracle (Kevin)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android game Summoners War, by Com2Us, getting "Network delayed errors" on Virgin Media by ma...

Hi The-Oracle

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing when playing Summoners War.

From what you've said if it's the same on mobile networks like EE and Vodafone and others it's going to be an issue their side. Did these problems only start occurring after the update?

Hopefully some of the other members of the community also play this game and join in here. I've not played it myself but I'll download it and give it a go. If you do see any updates about these issues on their forum let us know Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android game Summoners War, by Com2Us, getting "Network delayed errors" on Virgin Media by

I had the same issues, but they went away yesterday without me doing anything.

Ive experienced a similair issues (confined to SW) in the past and the workaround was to assign a static IP in the SH DHCP table for the device you are playing on. Give that a go see if it helps.

Which server you playing on? European or Global?

0 Kudos
The-Oracle
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android game Summoners War, by Com2Us, getting "Network delayed errors" on Virgin Media by

UPDATE

It appears, that whatever the cause of the errors was, has now been resolved, at least for Virgin Media customers.

Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi The-Oracle

Thanks for coming back and updating us. That's great to hear that the problems have been resolved  Smiley Happy 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
The-Oracle
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Further UPDATE

The problem did appear to be resolved, but has re-appeared over the past few days, for periods of time, for many users.

Yesterday at around 9:45pm the problem was back and by 10pm the game was unplayable, I gave up trying to play around 10:30pm. During this time, if I switched to mobile 3G (Virgin Media via EE), the game worked fine, as soon as I switched back to wifi, I encountered the problem again straight away, what could cause it on one network and not another without any other change?

Today the game has been fine.

I also got a reply back from Com2Us support, which took 9 days and does not help, which essentially blames my internet connection, yourselves, it read as follows:

"

This is Com2us Global Support.

We thank you for your inquiry. 

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing connection delay issues. It may be due to your internet connection. Please make sure you are playing on a strong internet connection.

We understand that perhaps you have a fast internet, but compared to other users around the globe it might not meet up to par and may be why you are experiencing connection issues.

To assist with connectivity, we recommend that you connect through a strong and steady wifi connection and also close all other applications that could be using up your device's memory. It also helps if you turn off and restart your device if you haven't done so in a while. 

Doodle 

Com2us Global Support 

"

Needles to say, I kill all running apps and clear my devices memory and cache regularly.

Any comments or help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi The-Oracle

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that these problems have returned. Have you noticed if any users on other networks are still experiencing these issues?

When you test your wireless connection speed what results are you getting?

I'm going to send you a PM for some additional information to get this looked into.

Speak soon 

0 Kudos
The-Oracle
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Update again.

The last 5 or 6 days the game has been very good again, no network connection delayed problems with the game.

They had an update to the app on the 15th, so I am hoping that they have resolved it, but not let anyone know.

I have asked in their forum whether any other users are still experiencing the issue or if it appears resolved for them too, I have no replies yet, I will post next time I check.

My network connection speed test results.

I am on a 20Mb service, which has always been more than enough for what I need.

From my old laptop, Acer Aspire.
Wireless connection "Excellent" 5 of 5 bars, via 802.11n

Speedtest.net, via Virgin Media Server Leicester, Ping 8ms, Download 18.31Mbps, Upload 1.13Mbps

Speedtest.net, via Virgin Media Server Nottingham, Ping 11ms, Download 20.11Mbps, Upload 1.15Mbps

From my Mobile, Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.

Wireless connection, 4 out of 4 bars

Speedtest.net app, via Virgin Media Server Leicester, Ping 7ms, Download 20.27Mbps, Upload 1.29Mbps

Speedtest.net app, via Virgin Media Nottingham Server, Ping 11ms, Download 18.11Mbps, Upload 1.30Mbps

From Android Tablet, Hudl.

Wireless connection, 4 out of 4 bars

Speedtest.net app, via Virgin Media Server Leicester, Ping 7ms, Download 20.28Mbps, Upload 1.30Mbps

Speedtest.net app, via Virgin Media Server Nottingham, Ping 11ms, Download 20.24Mbps, Upload 1.28Mbps

These are pretty consistent and what I would expect.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi The-Oracle

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. I'm glad to hear that everything has been ok with this game over the last 5-6 days. I've just replied to your PM.

Speak soon 

0 Kudos
The-Oracle
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your reply.

Unfortunately it seems that I spoke too soon again, the Network connection delayed error is back, I had it once earlier this afternoon, but it seemed like a one off.
At about 5:30pm this evening, I saw the error over a dozen times within 15 minutes, including 4 times which instantly caused the game to restart, so the update has done nothing.
I switched to mobile network 3G and no problem, as soon as I switched back to wifi, I got the error again, it is now 6:30pm and it has finally stabilised over wifi, hopefully...

I also suspect that it is a server issue, with some sort of incompatibility between your network and their game server, possibly something like the game timing out too quickly, when waiting for a response, when the game server is under high load or something.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

0 Kudos