Menu
KiikaPaula
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

[All Games] Packet Loss and Lag Spikes

I have a continuous packet loss of 5% that raises up to 10-80% while in games such as CS:GO. 

I called customer support and they said they don't see anything on their part but did a factory reset on my modem. Today, a guy came in to change all my cables and modem.  The problem is a bit better but still occurring. It is happening not only on my PC but on our other house PC as well. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: [All Games] Packet Loss and Lag Spikes

Hi KiikaPaula,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing packet loss and lag spikes whilst online gaming.

With the PC's are they connected through wired or wireless?

Are you able to post some trace routes please for us to check?

You can also set up a Broadband Quality Monitor as this will check the performance of the connection. If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP. If you have a Hub 3.0 you will need to disable the firewall.

I would like to check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KiikaPaula
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The problem has been fixed. There was a big discussion about it on boards.ie. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Greendore
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you post link to fix?

0 Kudos
Remus91
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi , i have connected at my router my xbox one s with wired, and 2,3 device(laptop,phone) , at every 30 min he take me out from my XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT , i cant play NOTHING online(fifa 17) , i lose all game becouse of that , can i fix that? or can  stop my agree with virgin media? i mean , when i make agree i dont know nothing about that. Can i make setting in my router to dont take me out from my xbox accout ? can i set up another ruter or from where is problem exaclty? i need answer

0 Kudos