Menu
Craigybaby
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Advanced warfare Xbox one

Recently bought an Xbox one, found I had issues when playing online, went to the forums, read about port forwarding and followed the instructions, no luck there, changed from 5ghz to the 54mbps solution, tried this, it worked for a few days, and now I'm back to being disconnected during play, my friend, also on Virgin media in the same town, has no problems playing the same game, any ideas?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Advanced warfare Xbox one

Hi everyone

Just an update to let you know there will be a rollback of the Superhub 2 firmware going ahead this week.  Let us know how your connection is after your hub has been updated. 

Good to see your hub has already been updated S7evie Smiley Happy Has there been any improvement? 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tom01
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same problem, I get about 10 minutes worth of game play then it disconnects me from xbox live and comes up with a message saying, you must have an active connection to play xboxlive or system link messages. The weird thing is I select xbox live and it puts me straight back online. My connection is wifi and there is only my xbox and phone connected.
0 Kudos
Craigybaby
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

pain in the buttocks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigybaby

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear of the rouble you are experiencing with your Xbox connection.

We are currently investigating some problems with online gaming disconnecting linked to a firmware update on the SH2. We should have some info regarding this very soon. For now it may be best to use a wired connection for better stability.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Craigybaby
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Unfortunately wired connection isn't possible at the moment (as I can't lift the living room TV off the wall) my mum has a vm contract, do you know if I would be able to take out a second broadband connection at the same address, pretty sure my sister has done before, as there is still the white box on my wall!

0 Kudos
M4YON
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Craig last night the firmware was rolled back to a previous version so that should minimise the disconnecting.

Look up setting up a DMZ on the Superhub 2, you need to reserve the Xbox IP.

Go to DCHP Reservation on the SuperHub 2 advanced settings, this will bring up all your connected devices, select the Xbox and select add reservation.

Finally go into DMZ , add the Xbox IP (E.g 192.168.0.2) and tick the box to turn it on.

This should fix the disconnections, good luck.
0 Kudos
Craigybaby
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I shall try it tomorrow and let you know, thank you! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
S7evie
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How did you know that the firmware got rolled back? Are you on the SH2? Which firmware if yours running now?

0 Kudos
S7evie
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

REBOOTED AND FIRMWARE IS BACK TO OLDER VERION! THANK YOU VIRGIN

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi everyone

Just an update to let you know there will be a rollback of the Superhub 2 firmware going ahead this week.  Let us know how your connection is after your hub has been updated. 

Good to see your hub has already been updated S7evie Smiley Happy Has there been any improvement? 

Thanks

0 Kudos