Menu
elwood11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Acceptable download speeds, abysmal ping

I have paid for you 100 mb/s package and have only achived at best 15-25 mb/s. This is not what bothers me the most however. What does is when i play an online game on my PC such as Arma my ping will go to ridiculous levels. I get ping ranging from 200-900 ping. I really wish somebody on this board will be able to help me with this issue. I am running a wired ethernet cable.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
juliefoster68
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Acceptable download speeds, abysmal ping

same issue here cant play xbox without going to a 1 bar every 10 seconds the ping is terrible for some reason, lagging all the time
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elwood11,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're not getting the full speeds and getting ping spikes. 

I've just checked your connection and the hub looks healthy. There is a contention issue in the area under ticket F003883122 which will cause slow speeds and latency at peak times such as evenings and weekends. This is due for review 30/03/16. 

Are you getting these same speeds and ping spikes during the day too?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
elwood11
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and yes throughout the day i get the spikes however sometimes at no specific time my ping will be fine for a while.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elwood11,

Thanks for letting us know. The area fault may not be sole cause in that case. I think it would be useful to set up a think broadband quality monitor. This will record a graph of your latency and will show us the spikes so we can check against our own readings.

You can set up the graph by heading to thinkbroadband.com click Tools on the left and then Broadband quality monitor. 

You'll have to log into the hub to enable ICMP echo requests. To this head to 192.168.0.1, log in, head to Advanced Settings and then Ping.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos