Menu
serioussam886
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

About PSN login

It is urgent. I suspect my network is being hacked.

Few hours ago, I could not log into PSN network on my PS4 console (Time-out error).

At that moment, i thought it was just the maintenance of Playstation network.

However, no maintenance was on-going and everything appeared on PSN.com was okay, which means their service has no negative effect to the public at all.

Here is the issue, I cannot log into my PSN account via Personal Computer, Console(PS4), or tablet in this actual IP, I tried to use my mates' device (using WIFI). Still, got Time-out error.

However, when I use cellar data (another ISP,giff gaff), everything works normally (I CAN log into PSN network).

Device tested on my IP (viriginmedia):

Playstation 4, iPhone 5s, iPad

Device tested via Cellar Data:

LG Android

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: About PSN login

You are not being hacked. Nothing you posted points to anything other then a network problem
0 Kudos
serioussam886
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update: I particularly cannot access the domain of Sony Entertainment Network on any device on my IP

0 Kudos
serioussam886
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sony Entertainment Network is used to log into PSN (you have to access to the network of SEN for verification). So, that is why I cannot sign in PSN as I cannot access SEN at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi serioussam886,

Sorry to hear you're unable to login to PSN or other SEN on your connection.  Have you noticed any problems with any other domains or connections?

Could you try modem mode with a wired connection please, this will force a new IP address so should help to see if this is just a problem with the IP address.  If that doesn't work, could you try a ping and traceroute to the SEN website and post the results please?

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
serioussam886
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for wasting your time but the problem automatically solved itself after 2 days of waiting Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi serioussam886,

Great to hear that normal service has been resumed, thanks for taking the time to let us knowSmiley Happy

Cheers for now.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
davew1981
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i got same prob help please

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi davew1981,

Thanks for getting in touch, I've picked this problem up with you in your other post here.

Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos