Menu
chrisalvin1983
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

5ghz xbox issue

Virgin Media are having major issues with 5ghz and Xbox, for some reason you can no longer use 5ghz on your Xbox. For some reason it connects then disconnects then connects again, this happens every few minutes making it impossible to game or stream. I've contacted customer service and no help was given. It seems Virgin won't even acknowledge that it's a problem their side and I'm also guessing that it's not being looked into by Virgin. If anyone has knows how to sort this 5ghz issue please help. Many thanks

Helpful Answers
Chateau1984
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 5ghz xbox issue

Having the exactly same problem on the ps4 pro with the super hub 2ac via 5Ghz. Massive lag spikes, changing numerous settings doesn't make any difference. Doesn't happen on 2ghz though. I'm fed up and ordered my own router and will run the virgin junk in modem mode. I'll let you know if this makes any difference.

All Replies
fleaboobash
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly what's happening to mine...I'm bloody sick of it! However it's only been happening in the last week? Was working fine with two Xbox Ones connected wirelessly. Sick to death of it...More to the point sick to death of the kids moaning that their life support has been cut off! 😂
0 Kudos
chrisalvin1983
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've read on here that setting up a guest network on your superhub, could help I've just set one up and so far I've managed to stay online for longer than 2 minutes
0 Kudos
chrisalvin1983
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Scratch that last no joy still
0 Kudos
appleUK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same issue I'm having which virgin are failing to acknowledge and there customer service is just plain awful
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisalvin1983, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection to Xbox Live from your Superhub 2 AC.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from your side. 

We are currently investigating an issue between Xbox live and the Superhub 2 AC. 

As soon as I have more information on this I will let you know. 

Apologies for any inconvenience at this time. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chrisalvin1983
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

About a week ago now I was given a new Super hub everything seemed fine until today, when the 5ghz started kicking me off again I'm wondering if it's a problem with the super hub 2 ac. We are all having the same problem and I bet we are all using the same type of hub
0 Kudos
Chateau1984
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Having the exactly same problem on the ps4 pro with the super hub 2ac via 5Ghz. Massive lag spikes, changing numerous settings doesn't make any difference. Doesn't happen on 2ghz though. I'm fed up and ordered my own router and will run the virgin junk in modem mode. I'll let you know if this makes any difference.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

I have just had news back in regards to the issue with the Superhub 2 AC and Xbox live. Thank you for your patience in this matter. 

To fix this, please reboot your Super hub 2ac. (Switch it off from the mains)

When the hub reboots it will download a new update which should resolve your issue.

This update could take up to 15 minutes to complete.

More information can be found here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Superhub-2ac-Firmware/m-p/3321617

Let me know how you get on. 

Many thanks

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos