Menu
Brad929292
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

200MB VIVID GAMER - please let this be the realdeal!!!

I have just ordered 200mb vivid gamer, I'm tried of receiving 10mbs on Openreach's fibre and having my online gaming experiences farted on every day.

I'm expecting big things, HUGE MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS.... WORLD CLASS LATENCY, buttery silky smooth connection... The best broadband available in the country for it's purpose.

At £50 a month, and the description being advertised, the above is what I'm expecting... is that what I'm going to get?

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200MB VIVID GAMER - please let this be the realdeal!!!

good look

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Brad929292 wrote:

I have just ordered 200mb vivid gamer, I'm tried of receiving 10mbs on Openreach's fibre and having my online gaming experiences farted on every day.

I'm expecting big things, HUGE MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS.... WORLD CLASS LATENCY, buttery silky smooth connection... The best broadband available in the country for it's purpose.

At £50 a month, and the description being advertised, the above is what I'm expecting... is that what I'm going to get?

you will not know until its installed - you can search for references to your post code which might tell you more - post the first part of your post code and users might have some info

Tony
0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

let me tell you something, virgins speeds are unmatched, unless you have a fibre line, the latency however, is not as good as what you get on vdsl.

the gamer package is just the 200Mbps package with 20Mbps upload, it does not affect latency at all.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Brad929292
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

arronlowley wrote:

let me tell you something, virgins speeds are unmatched, unless you have a fibre line, the latency however, is not as good as what you get on vdsl.

the gamer package is just the 200Mbps package with 20Mbps upload, it does not affect latency at all.

When you say VDSL.. what exactly are you referring to? Who's offering true VDSL in the UK at the moment besides some obscure business providers who will only sell to you if your house has 11 windows in total, you have a VAT number and your cat is a certain shade of magnolia?

0 Kudos
Ignition
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT's Fibre the the cabinet service that you were using, Openreach fibre, is VDSL.

0 Kudos
Brad929292
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ignition wrote:

BT's Fibre the the cabinet service that you were using, Openreach fibre, is VDSL.

When I referred to Openreach in my OP, what I meant was the fibre coming on the network which Openreach maintains... that's all Openreach actually do, they don't offer a product.

BT wholesale only provide VDSL to businesses to sell for business use.

Anyways I'm out, Virgin has emailed me causing issues with my order, I don't have time for the nonsense so I'm not getting it after all... I'll find something else. cya

0 Kudos