Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (122 Views)

200 vivd optical broadband not giving me anywhere near 200 download speed

This broadband was meant to give me near 200 download speed and i was told it was 15- 20 upload speed but i dont get anywhere near that i usally get 50 - 90 download speed and about 8 - 11 upload speed , virgin media are a nightmare to get help from and im a gamer and i stream on twitch alot so i need tge internet to support that but it doesnt, any help is greatful , thanks
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8 (119 Views)

Re: 200 vivd optical broadband not giving me anywhere near 200 download speed

[ Edited ]

Wired, Wireless? Is the device you're testing with capable of Gigabit speeds?

Is this 200 gamer, standard 200 upload is 12Mbps.

Standard 200 is also subject to traffic management on the upload.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (116 Views)

I use my xbox one s wired and i dont get anywhere near the 200 and it laggs really badly online when im playing games eventhough its not meant to , thanks
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8 (77 Views)

Kierongaynor wrote:
I use my xbox one s wired and i dont get anywhere near the 200 and it laggs really badly online when im playing games eventhough its not meant to , thanks

Lag isn't speed related, you likely have a hub 3 which is trash for gaming, consoles are also known for not performing great on speed tests, test it via a wired PC and see if the speed tests come back fine

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8 (71 Views)

It lags when i stream cause im a streamer on twitch and i have the newest hub , i have speed tested it on my pc and xbox and mobile and that and its all still really low compared to what im meant to get
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 8 (70 Views)

So i twitch stream and i have between 8 and 10 upload speed and i only need like 5 to stream at 720p on twitch but yet the internet makes my stream lag really bad when it should be able to support full 1080p but as i said it doesnt even support 720p , my talktalk internet was a way lower package than this one and it was able to run a 720p stream perfectly, thanks
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8 (59 Views)

Kierongaynor wrote:
It lags when i stream cause im a streamer on twitch and i have the newest hub , i have speed tested it on my pc and xbox and mobile and that and its all still really low compared to what im meant to get

And what ar ethe speed results you get on the other devices, saying they are lower isn't really going to help, how much lower, outside of that if you have a hub 3 then you're pretty much screwed, also are you on the standard 200 or the 200 gamer, because the standard 200 does have upstream traffic management which will reduce your upload speed during peak hours if your upload passes a certain amount, thats also not forgetting any other devices on the network that are also eating in to that upstream bandwidth, the speed is per hub not per device

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 8 (54 Views)

I have the 200 gamer package and the new hub , my download is always between 50 and 90 and my upload is between 8 to 10 , i have my xbox one connected and sometimes my pc and phone thats all but when im playing my xbox thats all i have connected the the internet and the upload is actually strong enough to run a 1080p twitch stream but it still lags really bad and cant even handle 720p but yet my talktalk at 5 upload could stream 720p amazingly but i have contacted virgin media and they have told me everything is fine when it clearly isnt, thanks
0 Kudos