Menu
d1zzy2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

200 VIVID Gamer

I have just signed up to the 200 VIVID Gamer broadband with the SH3. The service has been running for about 4 days, and I'm not seeing more than 60Mbps download at any time of the day. Upload is fine. I have tried restarting the SH3 etc...

I'm also seeing quite a lot of disconnections when playing Elder Scrolls Online (Xbox one). Definaterly not xbox live. All devices are connected directly to the SH3 via ethernet cables, no wireless. 

Quite frustrating. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200 VIVID Gamer

Hi d1zzy2017,

There's a couple of things to do to ensure that the speeds your getting aren't being caused by anything else.

If you head over to here and set up a Broadband Quality Monitor that will help highlight some issues you could be facing, it's used a lot on these forums and can show instability in an easy to view graph.

Secondly, the speed tests. Are they the XB1 speed test results or from a PC? The XB1 speed testing isn't what I would rely on as there's not enough detail to go off.

If it's a new install, the power levels could be to blame but I'm not an engineer so that would be something a VM technical support representative would have to get involved with. Have you spoken to them on the phone yet? They can normally tell very quickly if the power levels are too high etc.

When you get disconnected, do you lose connection completely, like the SH3 has lost the connection as well or is it just to the game servers?

0 Kudos
d1zzy2017
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

Thanks for responding to my post. I set up a monitor like you suggested. It is currently running but I have attached a screenshot of results so far. What do you think?

For reference my PC is cabled directly into the SH3.

When the XB1 disconnects it disconnects from XBOX Live also, not just ESO. I firmly believe there is an issue with VM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
d1zzy2017
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi d1zzy2017,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having issues with the broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy.

As stormfury2 mentioned, does the internet/browsing stop working at the same time as the disconnection on Elder Scrolls?

Does this only happen on ESO or any other games?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos