Menu
liamjones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2 xbox ones strict NAT wireless

has anyone been able to get 2 xbox ones with open NAT on wireless?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 xbox ones strict NAT wireless

With two identical consoles they will both be using the same ports, so you need a router that does a good job of managing UPNP in order to ensure the correct traffic goes to the correct console.  Unfortunately the VM hubs do not have a good reputation when it comes to UPNP, even the latest Hub 3.0.  The best solution is usually to get a third party router and put the hub into modem mode.

There is a section of the Xbox forums where they list routers and mention if they can handle multiple consoles:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/default.aspx

Alternatively I believe some people have had success by putting one of their consoles in the DMZ and setting up port forwarding for the other one.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

liamjones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ive sorted it by having one xbox one wireless and one wired and both open NAT

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

liamjones wrote:

ive sorted it by having one xbox one wireless and one wired and both open NAT

Not sure how that is working, but I'm not going to knock it if it is working for you.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been informed by somebody more knowledgeable that the wireless and wired interfaces on the hub will have different MAC addresses which should be sufficient to resolve your issue, so now it makes sense.  I guess the only downside is the console connected via wireless may experience more lag.

0 Kudos
liamjones
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information
0 Kudos