Menu
crusader
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

2 Xbox Ones in one house Superhub 3.0

Hi all,

My lads had and Xbox one for a while, at the weekend their Grandad purchased a 2nd Xbox one so that they could play online together.

(Therefore they now have 2 Xbox One’s, 2 copies of Destiny the game, and 2 Xbox live accounts)

However they can’t play online together, when both Xboxes are connected to the Superhub 3.0 via wifi they are both showing strict NAT type. 

My current settings are.....

I have assigned static ip addresses and security / firewall on the Superhub is disabled. I have UPNP enabled, but still showing strict NAT.

They both can play online separately with constantly being kicked offline (i assume this is due to the strict NAT) but they cannot join the same party or join the same game.

I have tried loads of settings as advised on other sites like setting static ip and opening ports for one of the Xboxes then setting the other Xbox as in DMZ. But this had no effect what so ever, obviously I can’t port forward the same ports for 2 devices.

After lots of reading up on other sites / forums, I believe that this is a common issue and that the Superhub 3.0 is the issue due to poor assignment of UPNP? 

But if anyone knows how to fix this issue then please advise

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2 Xbox Ones in one house Superhub 3.0

have your tryed this have them both invite in the game

strict NAT type is only used by virgin media it does not matter if you on wifi or wired connection via there routers only 

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

As the Hub 3.0 uses the firewall to do the port forwarding then you might want to try enabling the firewall again to see if the port forwarding / DMZ solution works.

If that doesn't work then another possible solution is to try connecting one of the consoles via Ethernet and leaving one on wireless as that has worked for others.  If the location of the consoles makes a wired connection difficult then powerline adapters could help.

The last option is to get your own third party router which can handle UPNP better than the Hub 3.0. There is a section of the Xbox forums where they give feedback about routers and mention if they can handle multiple consoles:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/default.aspx

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

crusader
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

i will try these today and get back to you, thanks for taking the time to reply.
0 Kudos
crusader
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi, which parts of the firewall should i switch on ?

ipv4 firewall?

ip flood detection?

block fragmented ip?

port scan?

0 Kudos
crusader
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I have set port forward on one of the Xboxs ip address and enabled the firewall. I have then put the other ip address in Dmz.

Now the xbox with the ports forwarded is open Nat type but the Dmz xbox is still showing strict?

They still can't join each others party
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a Hub 3.0 so couldn't answer your question about the best firewall settings.  I have asked my fellow Superusers for some guidance on this and await a response.

It sounds like you might have sorted the firewall side of things as you are now getting a better result for the port forwarded console.  My suggestions are based on the feedback of others via this forum rather than my own experience so I can't offer any further guidance with regard to the DMZ.  It works for some people and not others.

I have always used my own router and have no NAT issues with my PS3 or PS4.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

crusader wrote:

Hi, which parts of the firewall should i switch on ?

ipv4 firewall?

Only the IPv4 Firewall is necessary to turn the firewall on.

ip flood detection?

block fragmented ip?

port scan?

The rest are optional and make little difference.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

crusader wrote:

Hi all,

My lads had and Xbox one for a while, at the weekend their Grandad purchased a 2nd Xbox one so that they could play online together.

(Therefore they now have 2 Xbox One’s, 2 copies of Destiny the game, and 2 Xbox live accounts)

However they can’t play online together, when both Xboxes are connected to the Superhub 3.0 via wifi they are both showing strict NAT type. 

You need to put the xbox's on different Hub 3 interfaces. i.e. one Xbox on wired ethernet and one on wifi.

Each interface has a separate MAC address and with both Xbox's on the same interface (wifi), it doesn't know which Xbox to route traffic back to when they both try to connect.

DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

have your tryed this have them both invite in the game

strict NAT type is only used by virgin media it does not matter if you on wifi or wired connection via there routers only 

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
crusader
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I tried this at the weekend. I temporarily ran anethernet cable through the house to the conservatory xbox and left the one upstairs on WiFi and restarted router. This had no effect what so ever.
0 Kudos