Menu
Natzwebb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

161ms latency!

My latency is pretty high for a wired connection 161ms. I'm plugged straight into the vm hub. Any way this can be remedied?

Download speed 105.32
Upload 5.97
0 loss of packets
1480 mtu
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 161ms latency!

Hi Natzwebb

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems your experiencing with high latency. I can't see any issues affecting your hub but  due to some recent changes I'm unable to see any data from your network segment. Is it possible that you can post a trace route to the server your playing on for us to have a look at? 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Natzwebb

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems your experiencing with high latency. I can't see any issues affecting your hub but  due to some recent changes I'm unable to see any data from your network segment. Is it possible that you can post a trace route to the server your playing on for us to have a look at? 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Natzwebb
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Seems the detailed Internet statistics xbox one uses for testing ping is connected to a server in seattle. That's why the ping is so high. Considering seattle is around 4,763miles from me that's not bad. Unfortunately I don't have a personal computer to check closer so I'm expecting my ping is in healthy shape and the xbox one network statistics are irrelevant. To London I have a ping of around 60ms. Is that good? I'm certainly no tech wizard when it comes to these things.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Natzwebb

Thanks for getting back to us and finding out that information Smiley Happy That would explain why the ping is getting so high then. 60ms to a London server is still high though but it's going to be difficult to look into it without a trace route as the test on the Xbox is a bit unreliable. Is there anyone in the household (friends family) who has a laptop and can run a trace route for you?

Kind regards,
Ty

0 Kudos