Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Clever-clogs

problem with returning old V box to you

I have a new V HD box which was delivered 20th Jan. I am supposed to return the old one to you. I tried one of the named collection points but they no longer offer this. Today I tried to ring another one but noone answered. I rang your customer services as I don't want to be penalised for not returning it. I was offered a  home collection but I am not willing to use a day's holiday for you to get your box back. Could I leave it outside for you to collect (behind bushes and under the front window so not visible)? Alternatively could I deliver it to the local Virgin shop? I can't go any further as I don't have car transport.

Superuser

Re: problem with returning old V box to you

I believe the collection agents need you to be in, however it should be possible to take it to a Virgin Media shop.

Just to confirm that it was shops listed with Collect+ (http://www.collectplus.co.uk/virgin) that are saying they no longer do it?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Clever-clogs

Yes it was this one. I will try another or ask at the shop but not this weekend due to the snow

Fieldstone Commerce Ltd
14 Station Road
London
E17 8AA
Clever-clogs

This weekend I have made a 2nd attempt to return your V box. I phoned the other shop named on the Collect + option to check that they still accepted them  Each time I tried I got a message to say the line was in use so I left a message but have not had any response.

I am not willing to carry it down there without reassurance that it will be accepted. I tried to contact the local Virgin shop today but they had not yet opened. If I take it there next weekend, will they definitely accept it? It is the one in Selborne Shopping Centre London E17