on 31-12-2011 14:40
My wireless hasn't been working on the SuperHub for a couple of days now, it isn't that old and has always worked in the past, just recently no-one in the house has been able to connect to the wireless, its almost as if it isn't there, and it doesn't matter how far or near to SuperHub we are we still can't connect. I don't think it has anything to do with the Internet because the laptop that plugs directly into the Hub can access Internet, I have noticed a slight change in the Hub though, the double ended arrow on the side of the Hub is blue when usually it is green, the other two symbols (the tick and wireless) are green, which is normal, I have pressed the reset button multiple times now and have turned it off and on various times aswell but still there is an issue.
If anyone has any information as to what is happening and can lend some help I will be very appreciative because all of our laptops and game consoles use it,
on 31-12-2011 15:03
2 green and 1 blue light is normal.
Log into the Superhub http://192.168.0.1
Disable wireless and reboot it.
Log in again an enable wireless and reboot and see if that helps.
Did work for me once.
on 31-12-2011 15:12
I have tried doing that before and it hadn't worked, but I tried it again anyways, and still no joy, it's all just so odd because the wireless light is on, yet it can't be found? and when I manually input the router name and password just incase the network is hidden it still can't be found?
Thanks for the advice anyways
on 31-12-2011 15:27
Only other thing I can suggest is to reset the Superhub back to defaults by holing the pinhole reset button in for 30 seconds.
If that don't work then maybe a new superhub is in order.
on 31-12-2011 15:37
Yes 150 from a VM line or 0845 454 1111 (Charged at local rate from bt line. Mobiles may charge more.)
on 31-12-2011 16:02
I have fixed the problem, the 30 second reset button hold worked, its just that the name of our Internet was "WoodfordFam" and we had a PassPhrase, obviously the reset changed the name back to "Virginmedia(longnumber)" and the default PassPhrase came back in so that's why no one could connect because the setting were wrong, I have now changed the hub name back to "WoodfordFam" and the original PassPhrase throught the IP adress online so now everything is working perfectly again.
Thanks for your help, turns out it was just a rookie mistake!