Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (1,486 Views)

Tv Anywhere Device detection has timed out message

Hi, I tried to use the TV Anywhere feature for the first time today and that's the message I get every time I have tried. I noticed a few posts about this but thought I would try posting my own. I tried to watch a few movies and TV shows thinking it might just be what I was selecting but after a few tries I believe that not to be the case. I then thought it might be that I didn't register my PC before trying to watch something but I get the same message when I go to the options page. I'm using Firefox 18.0 with the latest Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146. I tried disabling my Anti-Virus and Firewall and the same result. Any help would be appreciated but after looking about I didn't see a fix to others with similar problems. Thanks for any replies.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 5 (1,471 Views)

Re: Tv Anywhere Device detection has timed out message

Hi kyle12,

Have you tried using any other browsers, such as Internet Explorer?

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (1,459 Views)

Hi, I probably should have done that before posting. It works now thanks. I still find it a little strange that firefox doesnt work but internet explorer does. Would prefer to use firfox but cant be picky if it works. Thanks for replying.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 4 of 5 (1,445 Views)

Yeah it is a little inconvinient. I'm looking into the cause of this though, it seems like the latest Flash version might not play nicely with Firefox 18 yet?

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (1,106 Views)

im also having problems with the tv anywhere as i am using it via my android browser since there is no app for android as of yet  which i think is unfair  it says  its detecting device but then times out   helllpp