Every time I try to download the PTR patch for world of warcraft my Superhub restarts the connection. This is the only thing that causes the issue. I can play and patch the normal version of the game without issue.
Blizzard have been contacted about the issue and it appears to only affect Virgin Media users (as always) so it is something your end that needs fixing Virgin (again).
N.B. IMHO Virgin need to stop trying to throttling BitTorrent connections as there are clearly legit uses which you're preventing from developing just because you live in the past. You're just punishing legit users because there is a possibility that some illigit users could do something naughty. The illigit users will always get around your methods so stop wasting time and money and frustrating legit users all the time.
The problem is with the firmware oif the superhub and in theory they are looking into it, so hopefully it will be working soon. Though it only seems they recently started looking into it which is odd as I've found numerous reports from upto about six months back.
We are currently collecting examples of customers reporting these issues, I have added your details to the ticket which we will escalate to the firmware team (once we have enough examples). The reference number for the ticket is F001797677. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you.
Help & Support Forum Team
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
I have had the same problem on many occasions, last time I attempted to contact Virgin, I was put through to a Bangalorian who was attempting to reset my Wireless connection info as she thought I was talking about a PS3 Game....even though I said I was on a wired connection.
Patch 4.3 today, exact same problems again, have been reading about a lot of fixes for this but have tried all of them until today.
I logged on to the hub 192.168.0.1 and went to advanced and set the hub to modem mode, connected one PC to the first port closest to the power cable, then connected and updated, this did not have any problems what so ever.
I now can only connect to the internet from one PC and have no wireless, I have read though that you can connect to the router again via 192.168.100.1 to change it back.
The rebooting does bother me, but not as much as having to reset all the passwords and wireless key each time.
I really do hope there is a fix for this soon, as it is getting beyond the joke.
Here's an update on this issue (F001797677). We've been talking to our partners Netgear about this, they've identified what's causing this problem with the Super Hub and they're currently investigating a fix to be included in a future firmware update.
In the meantime we've confirmed that as a workaround for this problem you can connect directly to your Super Hub in Modem Mode to download these files without causing reboots.
As soon as we have more news on this we'll post an update on the forum, sorry for the inconvience.
Thats just it saying you will fix it and doing it is two totaly diffrent things.. I've had this issue for a year now and im sick after ever week ringing a tech up to come and repair it... wouldnt it be easyer to give all customers a better router that acatuly works and take the old once back. and soon before i deside to take a 15lb lump hammer to mine.