I have read a few other posts on here about corrupt downloads and loss of VOIP connectivity after the R36 superhub upgrade. I haven't seen any other problems but the VOIP connection is affected.
I have a BT Falcon phone which I use for work, it works for about 30 minutes and then will not register any incoming calls. Reboot the phone (not the superhub) and it works for about 30 minutes then will not ring again on incoming calls. Outgoing calls are consistently fine. This started yesterday afternoon (or maybe before and I was blissfully unaware), which I think coincides with this update.
BT VOIP tech support said they became aware of their business VOIP failing intermittently on Virgin connections yesterday afternoon but have no details.
As I said this is a work phone and I rely on being able to recieve calls - does anyone know how to get round this - can I factory reset the superhub and somehow prevent this useless update from being re-applied?
I posted on another thread earlier today, I got around it by changing the registration period to 600 seconds in my VOIP router, if you're able to change this on your equipment, hopefully it should work.
Poking around in the phone's admin settings the closest I can find to a registration period is "Session Timer" set at 1800 seconds and "Minimum Session Timer" set at 100 seconds. Both of those are located under "SIP Signalling"
I'm not sure if either of those are the same thing, but what exactly would I be doing if I change anything? 600 seconds is 10 minutes, surely I would still get gaps in service if the superhub is breaking the phone every 30 minutes?
The BT Falcon is a very popular phone for home workers and many of them must be on virgin connections, this really needs VM to fix the fault in the firmware. Are VM aware of this?
No I dont think its the session timer, on my linksys the registration time is under Line 1 in Proxy and Registration, called register Expires. It could well be yours are all pre-set by BT in their provisioning.
I found that mine was disconnection at about the 15 minute mark in the end, by registering before 15 minutes stops the hub shutting the connection down.
Well hopefully this thread will be picked up by support and brought to the attention of those who handle the firmware, if they dont already know.
You are right - I tried changing the session timer with no effect - still stopped accepting calls after (I think) 30 minutes. The problem with this fault is that the phone shows no sign that anything is wrong, the display shows it is connected normally and outgoing calls work fine - it just doesn't ring any more so it's hard to tell when exactly it stops working.
To prove the point, I have connected the phone to a BT ADSL connection that I have as a backup and it has been perfectly stable and ringing OK for the last 3 hours. I don't want to leave it on that permanently but it will get me by until VM fix this - which hopefully will be soon. It must be affecting thousands of people, most of whom will not have a second connection or read this forum and may be completely unaware their phone is not working!
The problem with the Falcon phone continues. I'm experiencing the same issue.
Prior to R36 release, no issues. Post R36 the odd couple of calls get through but many others don't ring at the handset. I know many have called since the Falcon phones are also used at the office. I need to take calls at home when working from home. Why has VM introduced this upgrade and when can this bug be fixed.
I can't get an answer either. I think their priority is to fix the corrupt file download problem which everyone is shouting about.
Fortunately I have a backup BT ADSL line which my phone is running on - but that's not the point. Pushing a firmware update to eveyone without warning is just asking for trouble, it clearly wasn't tested properly first. We really need a way to disable the automatic firmware updates for critical applications. Sure, corrupt file downloads are a major inconvenience but when your business phone packs up it can be a disaster.
I don't know if this is of any use to you. It's Visualware's Connection Analyser which I think was mentioned in some other thread. It shows among other things actual download speed as opposed to capacity speed and speed consistency which could impact VOIP. Link below...