Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent

My new Android Tablet no longer connects to the web

I got a new android tablet PC yesterday, and it connected to the internet immediately I entered the passphrase for my Virgin modem.

Today when I switched it on it would NOT connect: I just get a "Webpage not available" message. I have tried switching off and on several times: no difference.

I have checked the WiFi settings, which give a MAC address, but for IP settings it states "Unavailable".

My laptop's WiFi connection works fine, so the problem is only with the tablet PC.

I have tried to access my Virgin Super Hub to see if there was something there that might need changing, but for some reason http://192.168.0.1 doesn't work - that's another mystery!

I repeat that the android PC connected fine yesterday, straight away - but today it constantly refuses: can anyone provide a solution to this most annoying problem?

Superuser

Re: My new Android Tablet no longer connects to the web

try putting it into airplane mode the back to wireless

Emerging Talent

OK, I switched to airplane mode, and then back again: no difference.
Superuser

restart the router
Emerging Talent

I have done that, but the problem still remains.

Padawan

Have you  tried deleting the WiFi  router from your tablet and reconnecting?

Emerging Talent

I have done that, several times, but the problem still remains.

Omniscient

When you delete the saved wifi from the tablet, what happens when you re add it?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Emerging Talent

Well, this is what I do:

(1)   I go to the existing connection and click "Forget".

(2)   When I then click my Virginmedia connection again on the screen, I have to fill in the password again, and then save it.

(3)   The screen then says, as it did originally: Virginmedia (etc) - Saved, secured with WPA2. So I'm just back where I started: I can click on "Connect", but nothing happens - it still doesn't connect!

Omniscient

You might have to do a factory reset of the hub to roll it back to factory settings.

You'll need to setup everything again, but it's something to try
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi