Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
Helpful Answer

My Xbox One is saying I have packet loss

[ Edited ]

the new Xbox One has a network tester app and it is telling me I have 1 or 2% upload packet loss. Can anyone have a look at my connection status please? I have forgotten which stuff I need to paste on here if someone can look.

Omniscient

Re: My Xbox One is saying I have packet loss

The built in one?

It connects to a us server and is pretty poor
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Bright Spark

[ Edited ]

yes the built in tester. I thought it might be in the US as the latency result is around 160 ping and I get around 20 ping or better on UK servers using pingtest.net.

But what I didn't understand is that my download speeds show the full 60 meg on the Xbox test while when I test US servers on speedtest.net I get low download speed results. ???

I tested ping to my gateway and to bbc.co.uk using the command prompt on my laptop and got 0% packet loss ...

Omniscient

You will do

It's just how it works

What speed do you get to a uk speedtest server?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Bright Spark

62 mbps download speed and 3 mbps upload on UK server speedtest.net. If my command prompt ping test to my gateway and to bbc.co.uk has no packet loss should I not worry about this?

Omniscient

Nope

All systems go
Bright Spark

thanks m8.