Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch

LG NAS Remote Access

Hi Everyone,

I have a LG NAS which I want to use remotely when away from home (The nas does support this).

I have enabled the remote but when trying to submit I am geting an error saying it was not able to contact DDNS server...I have port forwarded, tried to setup DMA to no avail...

Same issue as here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/General-broadband-questions/remote-connection-to-NAS-DS211/td-p/... which is an old thread that someone posted...

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks

Barbara

Superuser

Re: LG NAS Remote Access

what router/hub combo do you have?

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
One to Watch

It is just the virgin media super hub and the lg nas N2R1DB2.

Using latest firmware :-)

Superuser

the virginmedia hub doesnt support DDNS you would need to attach your own router to the hub and use modem mode - How do I set up Modem Mode on my Super Hub?

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
One to Watch

excellent - so not only does the super hub have a rubbish wireless signal (cannot get it other than in one room) it does not support remotely accessing a nas box from outside my home...

ok so I need to buy a new router, as advised by virgin for no fault of my own - are virgin going to credit me for thsi?!

Seems only right and a fair thing to do!

Superuser

if you can get online, virginmedia are filling their part.. since only other way to access your NAS is via your IP address eg 82.* or what ever it might be. since the odds of you getting a different ip address is rare.  just means you would need to remember your IP address. 

One to Watch

yes but then they are selling something which is branded as a "super hub" which isn't really all that super is it...

plus when it is branded as flawed here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Superhub-wireless-firmware-fix/m-p/955781

Not really a good marketing point?!