I've just upgraded my blueyonder accounts in Outlook 2007 as per the new settings and here is the problem when I send an Email I then get the sent E-mail being sent but also appearing in my Inbox next time I do a send & receive.
What is going on why oh why do you keep anoying your customer with changes can't you just get it right once and for all?
I have changed my pop4 & smtp to virginmedia.com from blueyonder.co.uk and on outgoing server I have added my E-mail address with recent: in front of the (E-mail) adress is this the problem.
Or is it someother problem that we don't know about yet.?
Could this be that I'm using recent: in front of my E-Mail address as I have been in order to get my mail on my othere machines?
Yes. it is a super new feature you never wanted. At the moment it will only happen if you use smtp.viginmedia.com to send emails, but it is coming to the rest of us in due course.
The Google system is designed primarily for web users. Web users want a sent mail folder. So when you send a mail from the Google smtp servers, it copies the mail across to your mail store.
The Google system does not really have folders. All the mails are in one pot. The Sent Folder you see on the web is really just a search for all emails with you as the sender. So, if someone sends you a spam email that pretends to come from you, it appears in your webmail Sent Mail folder. Very confusing.
Now, they realised that you don't want such sent mails returned through the pop connection, so they introduced a kludge that makes the system think it has already been downloaded. But the system of not downloading things that have been downloaded stops you getting mail on other machines. So they introduced another kludge, the recent mode, that turns it back into a fairly normal pop3 system.
The two kludges are incompatible with each other. Once you turn on the recent mode, you get your sent mails returned back to you in your pop connection.
I have some rules further kludges installed on Outlook 2007 to overcome this to some extent. I can detect whether the mail was sent from the webmail interface, or through SMTP from another device through the viginmedia smtp server, and then put them in my local sent mail folder. I add a category to them so I know how they got there.
So, if anyone is interested in some Outlook 2007 fixes, I'll document it. (I can check it in some older versions as well.) I've looked at Outlook Express and Thunderbird and I don't think I can access enough detail about the email to do it in either of them.
Some phones have specific features for gmail connections to cope with it, but how such things work with the connection through VM I have no idea.
It is less of a problem with IMAP, because it does put these emails into a local Sent folder.