Menu
Superfast
Message 1 of 134 (3,860 Views)

BT sports

i have just read that ESPN is leaving VM on the 31st July,does this mean that hopefully we will land BT sports package?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 134 (3,841 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by anthony_b
‎28-08-2015 00:15

Re: BT sports

Hi anthony_b

Please see the link below for information and updates regarding ESPN

https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/2?buspart=Tickles_18

Many Thanks

james harry
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Dialled in
Message 41 of 134 (2,517 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by anthony_b

For the past few days there has been a webpage on VM stating this:
https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/3
Latest News - May 2013

Get ready to experience the awesomeness of BT Sport when it launches on Virgin Media this summer. You’ll have access to some of the biggest games and matches on the planet:
  • 38 live Barclays Premier League football
  • Hundreds of top-flight football matches from Italy, France and Brazil
  • Exclusive Aviva Premiership rugby matches
  • Women's Tennis Association matches from 21 tournaments
  • 2013/14 FA Cup
  • Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
  • UEFA Europa League
  • German Bundesliga
Along with fantastic sports action from across the pond with NCAA College Basketball, NCAA College Football and NASCAR.
Jake Humphrey will anchor Barclays Premier League coverage, Lawrence Dallaglio will be the leading rugby union expert, and Clare Balding will have a weekly show. They'll also be joined by some of sport's biggest names.
The big day is coming, be the first to get BT Sport on Virgin Media

but now it has changed back to this:
Latest News - May 2013

BT Sport will be launching this summer with coverage of Barclays Premier League matches, football from Italy, France and Brazil and Aviva Premiership rugby. Plus, there's also an ESPN branded channel with the latest in US sports and UFC.
You might have also heard that the ESPN channel will be part of the BT Sport package. But how does that affect you as a Virgin Media customer? Well, the transfer won’t be completed until the end of July, so it doesn’t affect you right now. You’ll still get all the ESPN channels you enjoy until the end of the current football season. Game on.
We’re always striving to bring you the best sporting events and competitions from around the world and we’re talking to BT about how we can make the forthcoming BT Sport package available to you. So we’ll keep you up to date as soon as we have any developments. To see how you can catch all the sports action on Virgin Media, click here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superfast
Message 2 of 134 (3,842 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by anthony_b

Hi anthony_b

Please see the link below for information and updates regarding ESPN

https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/2?buspart=Tickles_18

Many Thanks

james harry
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.
Superfast
Message 3 of 134 (3,792 Views)

Thank you. I have completed form. I hope as xl package,we will hopefully get it for the same deal we get presently with ESPN 

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 4 of 134 (3,697 Views)

It's possible, but I think it will be unlikely. BT will set the price that subscribers will need to pay, Sky have done the same with Sky Sports, thus pricing out any chances of Virgin including it in a package.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media, all posts here are my own views, written in my own time. My advice should not be taken as gospel, I could be wrong. Please don't PM me if you require an official VM reponse.
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 5 of 134 (3,681 Views)

I'd guess the package of BT Sports channels will be about £10-12 per month subscription.

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo,
XL TV, 200MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 134 (3,640 Views)

Although we hope it will be the same cost as ESPN

---
TiVo (MRS)
200Meg BB
SkyQ
VM Telephone
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 7 of 134 (3,604 Views)

Hopefully it will be free for xl customers with the purchase of sky sports?

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 134 (3,592 Views)

anthony_b wrote:

That is what I currently have but I doubt it.. I suspect the price suggested above, £10 or above, sounds about right and I can't see VM subsidising that amount.

Who watches the watchers?
Superfast
Message 9 of 134 (3,579 Views)

Lets hope so and also it's exactly the same as having ESPN on the package so hopefully it will happen

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 10 of 134 (3,574 Views)

anthony_b wrote:

That's not how it is today. You don't need Sky Sports to get ESPN - just TV XL.

0 Kudos