Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (100 Views)

'your ntlworld settings are out of date' How do i fix this error message?

I have recently got a new computer and have set up to receive email but keep getting the following: 'your ntlworld settings are out of date'

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Message 2 of 5 (89 Views)

Re: 'your ntlworld settings are out of date' How do i fix this error message?

Latest settings here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/m-p/3369438#U3369438

That said the old settings haven't been turned off yet. Are you able​ to access the email account via VM webmail?
Message 3 of 5 (61 Views)

I have tried following this but it comes up with 'authentication failed'

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (30 Views)

Hi fenelia,

Sorry you're having difficulty in accessing/setting up your email account.

First thing you need to do is to change your email password - sign in to My Virgin Media > click on the My Profile tab > the option to change the password is under Manage Accounts.

If you are unable to sign in to My Virgin Media because the access email address is the one you're having problems with, please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) so that I can help.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)

You are using Windows 10 Mail, right?

If you add an account with the option "Other account (POP, IMAP)" then it will retrieve the old mail settings from Microsoft. If you change these settings to the new settings then it complains that the settings are out of date. Nothing could be further from the truth, it's just that Microsoft isn't aware of the new settings.

Make sure you use the option "Advanced setup" instead of "Other account (POP, IMAP)". Then apply the new settings. A setup guide can be found here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

0 Kudos