Menu
linzena
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia email app

Is anyone else having trouble with the email app (pc online version)?

I can log in and view emails but every time I try to reply / forward / compose it takes forever and then comes back with an error messgage?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virginmedia email app

Despite Virgin Media's service status page indicating  2016-11-15-00.jpeg for Broadband in my area it is clear there are issue with webmail. Unfortunately when an unexpected error occurs in webmail it tries to load a script from an unauthenticated source to inform the user of the error but by default this is blocked by modern web browsers; see  Fix the error "This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"

If you see any of the following try going to mail2.virginmedia.com (if not already there) and pressing Ctrl + Shift + R to reload webmail

• three dots cycling after sign in
  • the following icon in the address bar 2016-11-01-01.jpeg (or similar) indicating a script was blocked from loading because it came from an unauthenticated source

However, given this instability in webmail you may wish to use an email client (like Thunderbird) or find an email provider better suited to your needs.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What is the error message?

There is also an ongoing issue listed on the service status page.2016-11-03-01.jpeg

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There isn't a virgin Media email app. I guess you are using the Virgin Media Mail web page. If you check the service status page you will see there is an ongoing issue affecting some customers. Quitting the page and reloading seems to be a workaround.
linzena
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to you and Rising Star for responding - as you can see I'm not a regular user and this did seem to resolve itself by simply logging off and back on again!  However it's back again...

You are right, I'm logging on to virginmedia email from my pc rather than using an "app" - I don't seem to have any issues from the email app (Gmail) on my phone.

It doesn't seem to be a service issue as I can log into the main email account and use it no problem, it's using the subordinate account where I'm having trouble - both on the subordinate account page itself where I can't compose/reply etc and now I'm not even getting an error message, it's just doing nothing, and also from the main account page where I've added an account where it won't even expand the folders, eg inbox, sent items.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
dully1964
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've been having major issues for months  on end, my phone gets the mail, but when using the email log in on the site it just sits for ever, never opening. I'm getting so annoyed with it all that I'm thinking of leaving Virgin , I don't need their tv, their phone, their broadband. It is just manic with faults everywhere. The router is rubbish and the constant email issue is ridiculous. I will keep watching your post to see if there is anyone out there who can solve the issue. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Despite Virgin Media's service status page indicating  2016-11-15-00.jpeg for Broadband in my area it is clear there are issue with webmail. Unfortunately when an unexpected error occurs in webmail it tries to load a script from an unauthenticated source to inform the user of the error but by default this is blocked by modern web browsers; see  Fix the error "This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"

If you see any of the following try going to mail2.virginmedia.com (if not already there) and pressing Ctrl + Shift + R to reload webmail

• three dots cycling after sign in
  • the following icon in the address bar 2016-11-01-01.jpeg (or similar) indicating a script was blocked from loading because it came from an unauthenticated source

However, given this instability in webmail you may wish to use an email client (like Thunderbird) or find an email provider better suited to your needs.

0 Kudos
linzena
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rising Star - this does indeed seem to be the problem I'm experiencing - and I've even just had trouble logging into here!

I will try one of the other web mail clients you suggest.

0 Kudos
VickMck
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having this problem too. 

Tried with two browsers - google chrome and Internet Explorer.

When I try to reply to an email or compose a new one, it just hangs with the spinny circle.

Really useful.

Vicky

0 Kudos