Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
Nas1986
Helpful Answer

virgin.net email

Hi,

Does anyone know how to sign up for virgin.net email?

i am a broadband customer and i want to use the selfcare service, but i couldn't because i don't have virgin.net email.

awaiting your kind replies.

refards,

Nas

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: virgin.net email

[ Edited ]

All customers have username and password as part of their account. If you don't know what it is you can phone customer services for Virgin National (ADSL) on 0845 454 2222 or 150 if you pay your line rental to Virgin

If you have Virgin cable services you will need to phone 0845 454 1111 or 150 if you pay your line rental to Virgin

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dowds

Hi

Have currently got a virgin.net email address and use dial up. I am moving house and we are going for the full broadband tv package and they have told me there is no way I can stillkeep my virgin.net email address and I would have to change to a new one  (not sure what , but not .net).

Any help in securing it would be great.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

dowds wrote:

Hi

Have currently got a virgin.net email address and use dial up. I am moving house and we are going for the full broadband tv package and they have told me there is no way I can stillkeep my virgin.net email address and I would have to change to a new one  (not sure what , but not .net).

Any help in securing it would be great.

It sounds like you are moving from a Virgin National area to a cable area. The only way to keep your virgin.net address will be to keep the dial up account open and dial into it at least once every 90 days

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Wizard
ITTechno

I would expect when the migration is completed all the different ex platforms will allow move and transfers to be completed between them.. as they will all be pretty much the same.

Might be worth holding onto the dial up as Ben suggested and see what happens.

- Any advice given is to be used with care :smileyhappy: .. my posts hold no connection with Virgin media and I in no way represent them or any of their partner groups.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
gandm

As I got fed up with remembering to connect up to the phone line- every 3 to 6 months to keep my virgin.net account valid- I just paid some money into my old virgin.net account- so it is now permanently in credit and it works (for a number of years now- even when I was with another BB provider).

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dowds

Hi

They said that it is not possible to keep a dial up account open, as I am moving toa cable address. How would I do that . Thx

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dowds

How do you pay some money into the account. I thought it was just charged when you dial up, so if you are not dialing up, how will it charge. Thx

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
gandm

It was 2 years ago, all I remembered was I'd called them up when I had the 'use within 6 months or expire' notice and put £10 into my account.  Can't remember whether I used my bank card or just had them billed for Direct Debit- but whatever they accept anyway.  No more warning since.  I suppose you know already your dial up account can be viewed on the Virgin site under 'ebilling- National' via  http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia/billing/

I think you can call them on 0906 217 0003 or 0845 045 0001-  you will probably need to have your dial up account number (from the e-billing site) ready, so they don't get confused with your BB account.  As I recalled depending who or which department took the call, some may not even find your direct dial account until you spoon feed them, or say nothing can be done, because dial ups are now a minority- if they even know it existed! 

Please use plain text.