Menu
mandy2312
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net email shut down but still active???

As of Wed 10 May I have not been able to sign in or get access to my virgin.net emails.  I have had this account for 15 yrs and have a lot of important info stored.

I have read here that a lot of emails have been shut down recently...I set up mine when it was dial up but have not been a customer for around 13 yrs. I know they have just caught up with me.........

I phoned Virgin today and was told that there was no record of my email account/address or old account with them so couldn't help. BUT, I have checked through verify my account (through a link on this forum) and it says resultSmiley SurprisedK. I have sent a few emails, from my new account, and none have bounced back.  What is going on??? I'm confused. 

If my email address is still receiving and seems to still be active, it's it possible to get temporary access so I can move everything to my new address? Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net email shut down but still active???

The Forum Team will take a few days to pick this up and help. If you post again then that will delay the whole process so please be patient.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
mandy2312
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HowardML wrote:
The Forum Team will take a few days to pick this up and help. If you post again then that will delay the whole process so please be patient.

for which he posted " thanks , thus self-removing to back of queue

perhaps explain how that works again, with pictures Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HowardML wrote:

That should not really be the case, see here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Change-in-how-the-forum-team-read-the-forum/m-p/11...

Paragraph 2:

"What this means is that you shouldn't have to worry about new posts in a thread knocking it to the "back of the queue" any more. It also means that 'bumping' threads will still not work as a method to attract the forum team's attention."

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sololobo wrote:

HowardML wrote:

That should not really be the case, see here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Change-in-how-the-forum-team-read-the-forum/m-p/11...

Paragraph 2:

"What this means is that you shouldn't have to worry about new posts in a thread knocking it to the "back of the queue" any more. It also means that 'bumping' threads will still not work as a method to attract the forum team's attention."

That may have been correct in 2012, but not now. The forum team mention it quite frequently. Here's one from Friday: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-no-longer-working/m-p/3420997/highlight/true#M143993

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mandy2312,

Apologies for your loss of email access. If it's like many others I've dealt with this week then I should be able to help.

I should like to check your email address on our systems first - especially as it wasn't locatable when you called in. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon,top right of page) and I'll see what we can do to help.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mandy2312,

Glad to have sorted this out for you Smiley Happy

Please be aware that at some (as yet undetermined) point in the future Virgin Media will be removing from our systems any email accounts that are not linked to an active, paid-for service.

Please acquire a free, non-ISP based email account (such as Gmail or YahooMail) and update your contacts or any sites/services you've subscribed to.

If you wish to retain any mail you can download to your pc/laptop via a client (such as Thunderbird).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team