Menu
crooky52
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin email problems

left virgin media and went to sky for a year, am now back with virgin, i asked if i could still use my old email address, was told yes. i went to sign in to my emails and i had had forgotten my password, i have followed all the step by step instructions and it keeps taking me to a page saying username not reconised, we have sent you an email to confirm your username please click on this link to gain access to your emails. i cant get into my emails, it will not let me in!!! i have tried everything, even was on the phone to virgin for about forty miniutes, and was eventually told the problem is my browser. have now set up a new email address with gmail, it works a treat. i just feel i am paying virgin good money for a full service that i am not getting to use. Help anybody.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin email problems

Left Virgin and then came back a year later? I already have questions about your sanity!! LOL I think you will find they have got worse since you were away. The service is fine when it works, but if anything ever goes wrong, it's a real uphill battle, as your interaction with so-called Tech Support has proved.

If any Tech Support bod worth the name thought it was a browser problem, the first thing you would do is get the user to try it on a different browser. Simple way of eliminating one possible cause. That was just a way of getting you off the line, when they don't know the solution. Blame something they can say is outside their control.

Was the VM email address still working while you were with Sky? To be honest, you have said you have now got a Gmail address working fine, so just use that. It's infinitely superior to the Virgin Media email anyway. Just read this section of the forum to see just how bad the VM email is. When you go back to Sky again in 12 months time (as I'm sure you will) then you won't need to worry about an email address that links to VM. You will see lots of advice on here not to use an email linked to an ISP, for various reasons.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have asked the Mods to remove your mail address from the reply. You should never post personal information on a public forum. A real treat for spammers who collect plausible addresses. Emma asked for the reply by private message. Do that please. Guidance here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Left Virgin and then came back a year later? I already have questions about your sanity!! LOL I think you will find they have got worse since you were away. The service is fine when it works, but if anything ever goes wrong, it's a real uphill battle, as your interaction with so-called Tech Support has proved.

If any Tech Support bod worth the name thought it was a browser problem, the first thing you would do is get the user to try it on a different browser. Simple way of eliminating one possible cause. That was just a way of getting you off the line, when they don't know the solution. Blame something they can say is outside their control.

Was the VM email address still working while you were with Sky? To be honest, you have said you have now got a Gmail address working fine, so just use that. It's infinitely superior to the Virgin Media email anyway. Just read this section of the forum to see just how bad the VM email is. When you go back to Sky again in 12 months time (as I'm sure you will) then you won't need to worry about an email address that links to VM. You will see lots of advice on here not to use an email linked to an ISP, for various reasons.

0 Kudos
crooky52
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

many thanks for your informative answer malsiluk, i am slowly finding out how bad VM have become, as i said, paying for something i am not getting goes against my grain. another example yesterday, my wife wants a price to upgrade to receive the movie package for all the xmas movies, l.o.l, went online to virgin and behold, to get a price i need to sign in!! so so frustrating. i will continue to use my groovy new gmail in the future.

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Crooky52,

Bit late to see this, just after you signed up for 12 month with Virgin, but it makes an interesting read and may explain the steep drop in their service levels.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/liberty_global_sucked_soul_out_of_virgin/

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi crooky52, 

Welcome to the forums, i am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your emails. 

It is likely since you left us that the email address in question was removed. 

I can take a look and see if this is the case if you pop the details of the email address to me via PM. 

Apologies for the issues you have had with this. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
crooky52
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emma,

Couldn't believe my eyes when i opened your reply and actually found someone who may well have an answer for me, i have exhausted all avenues with no help at all, even the so called "virgin technician" after an hour on the phone he eventually said the problem was outwith virgin media and told me it was my browser ? please have a look at my old virgin media email address and hopefully you could resolve this mystery for me am so excited awaiting your reply.

@blueyonder.co.uk

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have asked the Mods to remove your mail address from the reply. You should never post personal information on a public forum. A real treat for spammers who collect plausible addresses. Emma asked for the reply by private message. Do that please. Guidance here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#pm

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi crooky52, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am sorry to sorry to see you have had such trouble trying to get this issue resolved. 

I have not seen a PM from you and the post has been edited for DPA so I am unable to search from the information you have popped across so far. 

I will pop you a PM asking for some more information once I have received a reply I will be able to investigate further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos