Menu
RobS2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

viewing old Spam

I am trying to find out if it is possible to view the rejected emails or at least the senders?

I have some people who insist they have repeatedly tried to send me emails but I have not received them.

I have just changed spam settings but can I find what was sent before I did this.  

One concern is that emails are being sent but are being intercepted with a few being let through to make it seem like there is nothing wrong.  Is there a way of checking?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: viewing old Spam

No - once the e-mails have been rejected as spam, whether correctly or not, they are bounced back to the sender. That's it.

Changing your spam settings to put all spam in the spam folder means this won't happen again. Some legitimate mail will be wrongly allocated but that is the price we are paying for the nonsense that is VM's current spam filtering.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No - once the e-mails have been rejected as spam, whether correctly or not, they are bounced back to the sender. That's it.

Changing your spam settings to put all spam in the spam folder means this won't happen again. Some legitimate mail will be wrongly allocated but that is the price we are paying for the nonsense that is VM's current spam filtering.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
RobS2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Howard. I understand also that there are times that the sender is not informed. My senders were just waiting for me to respond and we were both getting quite annoyed with each other.

Is it possible that someone may be intercepting the emails (I changed passwords and it still seems to be happening)?

I have successfully received two bits of spam (both quite interesting) but not what I wanted.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Senders are always informed. It is the recipient's server that reports the rejection/non-delivery. Some senders divert these reports into trash immediately and never look at them.

Interception - so unlikely that the sky would fall in before that happens.

You'll only solve the issue if you change your web mail spam settings as I have advised.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
RobS2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.
I shall ask again for everyone who says they sent something to try again now the settings are changed.
Oddly enough I also ave set up an Outlook account that doesn't seem to be getting emails I expect.
Rob
0 Kudos