Menu
martinnitram
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

unable to access my e mails on my laptop but can on my mobile

I have recently moved to an area where virgin cable is unavailable but BT is. I have to rely on my mobile to obtain my virgin media e mails as I cannot access my account on my laptop. Can anybody help ? The other day I was on the phone to various Virgin Media technical departments trying to rectify it for over 3 HOURS!!!!! and they still couldn't sort it out. They were supposed to call  me back today as it could have been a Broadband problem ? Each department blaming each other and passing the buck more like..Anyway ..guess what...? they have not called back..I don't think I can go through the agony of calling them again. Absolutely disgusted in the service I have received from them..Can anybody help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: unable to access my e mails on my laptop but can on my mobile

WIthout wanting to be the bearer of bad tidings your account will be closed anyway as you are no longer a VM broadband customer.

Assuming you are picking up your mail on an app on your phone, are you trying to access webmail on your laptop? If so, try setting up an email client and retrieving them that way. If that doesn't work, try tethering your laptop to your phone JUST for the time it takes to pick it up.

Either way, you HAVE to start migration to a new account (preferably one independent of your ISP) NOW , as your account will likely close- 90- days from leaving is the standard cut off. Some accounts stay live longer, but don't count on it.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

WIthout wanting to be the bearer of bad tidings your account will be closed anyway as you are no longer a VM broadband customer.

Assuming you are picking up your mail on an app on your phone, are you trying to access webmail on your laptop? If so, try setting up an email client and retrieving them that way. If that doesn't work, try tethering your laptop to your phone JUST for the time it takes to pick it up.

Either way, you HAVE to start migration to a new account (preferably one independent of your ISP) NOW , as your account will likely close- 90- days from leaving is the standard cut off. Some accounts stay live longer, but don't count on it.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There's a lot of information we don't have.

1. What does your email address end in?
2. Are you using a mail client such as Outlook or Live Mail or are you using Webmail?
3. What error messages are you seeing on the Laptop?

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
martinnitram
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

my e-mail address ends in virginmedia.com and i'm using webmail.

the error messages appear when i'm trying to sign in.

keeps telling me I'm a robot. even tho it accepts user name and password.

0 Kudos
martinnitram
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thankyou, I will try
0 Kudos