Menu
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

spam settings

Hi i keep getting certain mail going to my spam folder. I have now given up the amount of times that i have clicked no NOT Spam. Yet the next day the same email ends up in the spam folder. The company its from i have put their email address in my contacts book, all to no avail.

So why is it the mail still goes to the spam folder rather than my inbox. This means on a daily basis i have to come to the virginweb browser to check my emails rather than use my usualy email client - which i hve bene using for many yrs.

Also 1 other thing recently one of my emails has been bouncing back emails saying that the  email has failed.

See Message :

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:  @ ntlworld.com
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Also another problem i have is after i have logged into my account @ntlworld.com i get an error message.

Error

The provided login information to access mail server imap.ntlworld.com seems to be wrong. Please try again.
I get this AFTER i have logged in whilst checknig email. I have more than 1 account with ntlworld, and get this message on some of the accounts i loginto. Can anyone explain please.

Dorry ifits all in 1 post, buth didnt want to do 3 seperate posts when its all to do with the emails
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: spam settings

Hello linny40

Sorry to hear you are having problems with email we will do our best to address all of your points and if possible help.

The non spam email going to the spam folder, we are assured that the filters will learn eventually so please keep trying. Placing the email address in contacts will work for most email however the placing in contacts option relies on the "Envelope from" part of the email, if your originator is placing their email address only in the "Header from" header information it can be forged easily and as such is not seen as reliable for us to move directly to the inbox. It may be worth setting your client to use IMAP for incoming email by the way as you will have visibility of the spam folder then and be able train our filters by moving them to the inbox in the client.

Also 1 other thing recently one of my emails has been bouncing back emails saying that the  email has failed.

See Message :

There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Normally that may be caused by a disconnected mailbox, is the mailbox in use, may be worth a check here http://email-checker.net/check (external site not VM by the way).

Also another problem i have is after i have logged into my account @ntlworld.com i get an error message.
Error
The provided login information to access mail server imap.ntlworld.com seems to be wrong. Please try again. I get this AFTER i have logged in whilst checknig email. I have more than 1 account with ntlworld, and get this message on some of the accounts i loginto.

I wonder if you have the webmail set up to poll other email addresses (Webmail,Settings, Email accounts) as perhaps that is having problems. 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank fro your reply. How lnog does it take for the filters to "learn" i have been coming to the Virgin webmail every day to check out the emails and move form Spam to Inbox for the last 2 weeks.

Can you give me the IMAP setting for @ntlworld.com email addresses to use for incoming/out going ports

Normally that may be caused by a disconnected mailbox, is the mailbox in use, may be worth a check here http://email-checker.net/check (external site not VM by the way).

YES its my main email address but why all of a suddeen after like 20+ yrs isthis happening. I will check out the external site

Unsure what you mean by poll other email addresses, could you expalin further please.

0 Kudos
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i hve tired to forwas an email to anoter email address. BUT again virgin tells me its Spam. Again every day i have to come onto the virgin webmail and tell it its NOT spam. When i try to forward it on i get this message

Error

Message could not be sent. Error message from e-mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 b2qn1u0013JsSD0012qnB6 Spam content found

This is so Annoying because the email is NOT spam. I hav now for over 2 weeks every day gone into the email, that i get on a daily basis and told Virgin its NOT spam, sureley there must be away we can set our own filters. I do get other spam that comes to my in box, but again i know its spam but it seems to get through - how can your filters decide what is spam and what is not. Your spam filers also put any thing for m Amazon in my spam folder, Again its NOT spam as i exepct to get order confirmation to my in box.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SORT THIS OUT ITS VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!
0 Kudos
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any mods or any form Virgin that can help me with this. This is getting so annoying now. For some reason i am now NOT getting anything from Amazon - and THAT IS CERTAINLY NOT SPAM!!! its ALL going to the spam folder on here the webmail server WHY!!.

I have never had this trouble in the 30 odd yrs ive bene with ntl/virgin, until someone decided to change things. Now half my mail is in the spam folder and seems there is nothing i can do about it. I cant be the OLNY person with this complaint.

As suggested in a post by one of your team i was told to go to the webmeail EVERYDAY to "learn" the filers what is NOT spam. Well this has now bene going on some time and STILL stuff that is NOT spam is in there but stuff that IS Spam goes to my inbox.

PLEASE HELP BEfore i honestly decide to leave Virginmedia all together.  Yes this is NOT the only problem i have with my mail over the last 3 months or so.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello linny40

I am sorry we were a bit slow getting back to the thread, we are quite busy at the moment. We are always very happy to help you via the forum but please remember if you need an immediate response to give us a call 150 or 0345 4541111, our 2nd line team are also equipped to deal with complex email issues.

The spam filters can be slow to learn at times so I truly appreciate your frustration. If you were thinking of IMAP with a client as you mentioned then if you look at post number 2 in this thread the word IMAP is a link with all the settings you require. Once you have the client setup you will be able to easily move from the spam folder to the inbox and this will also update our filters.

Message could not be sent. Error message from e-mail transport server: 554 - 554 5.2.0 b2qn1u0013JsSD0012qnB6 Spam content found

The problem forwarding email in webmail and encountering the spam error can be most annoying, especially when you know it is not spam! We would like to help with it but require some more information, I will send you a forum private message to gather it.

Also we can take a look at the email address returning this error for you.

Unsure what you mean by poll other email addresses, could you expalin further please

It is possible to setup webmail to check other email addresses, once logged into webmail navigate to Webmail,Settings, Email accounts and add the email address. Pure speculation as I only mentioned it because if you have done that then it may cause the error that you previously mentioned "The provided login information to access mail server imap.ntlworld.com seems to be wrong." 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos