Menu
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

so please check your CapsLo

Hello,

I am registered deaf blind as I have some problem accessing the virginmedia & blueyonder e-mail account as I cannot be able to access the virginmedia web-mail as because I getting the error message saying is:

You've typed in the wrong username or password. Passwords are case-sensitive, so please check your CapsLock isn't on.:

there I can still download the e-mail into outlook office 2010 & also ios device too there is still active now. I need to access webmail asap as it's seem to be a fault on the web-site as I have checked my keyboard as there is no caps lock is on at all. the two e-mail address that it's vital that I need to access webmail asap is #########@blueyonder.co.uk & ##########@virginmedia.com. this should be taken into account that I must get the webmail log in problem sorted out so I can access the spam folder on webmail when the fault is fixed. I have not forgotten my password as this wouldn't log in at all due to the caps lock appear on the web-site after clicking submit.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: so please check your CapsLo

Until Virgin Media sort out the issue that you are experiencing with webmail you may wish to access those accounts via IMAP in Outlook; this will give you access to the spam folders.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

By the way, the error message is a catch-all with the most obvious reasons for a failure listed.

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Does the issue to do with virginmedia webmail login e-mail page having problem? There have started about 2 weeks ago as it is ridiculous as I had tried three device to no avail to access my blueyonder & virginmedia webmail as the error message kept saying caps lock is on as I have none have it locked as there were all lower case password. Should they had not disactivated my e-mail account without y permission as it is a third party e-mail account to which it's does not belong to the phone bill payer account. Can they re-activate my two e-mail accounts or get them put the issue right asap? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If the email address is no longer attached to an active account it is deleted after 90 days however, for reasons best know to Virgin Media, some email address are left active beyond that period. If that is the cause then you will need to wait for a Forum Team member (or a Super User to raise your post with them) to resolve this  issue.

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

this is quite wrong to disactivate anyone e-mail account as other isp don't disavate them as a like tesco.net as I can still access it now as not used it for 15 years. There is no problem accessing tesco net webmail now since I stopped using it. I confirm that sky isp let you use their e-mail for the whole life on whether they are with sky isp or not as they can still use sky e-mail with virginmedia. Why cannot virginmedia let them use their blueyonder.co.uk & virginmedia.com e-mail account be used on any isp? can they sort out the issue asap as it is  very important that the webmail log in is not working due to the Capps lock error message. I had deleted a browser app four Time as the same error message is still there as I still need to access webmail when the fault is fixed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I share your sentiment and can only hope Virgin Media will change their policy but I would urge you take the opportunity to find a non ISP-based email provider better suited to your needs; see Wikipedia's Mailbox provider and Comparison of webmail providers articles. You should also be aware that the webmail service uses Google's ReCaptcha service to protect accounts from automated attacks and can be triggered under normal use;  you may wish to test your assistive technology against the ReCaptcha demo here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo

0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am not going to use any other e-mail provider as I rather stay puts with the original virginmedia Mail as I am going back with virgin again because sky broadband service is down right rubbish. Can they re activate my e-mail account now or I will contact ofcon to make a formal complaint because their policy is breaching their rights & this should be abolished asap because there is thousands of deaf blind users who cannot change e-mail account & it is very difficult to set it up on outlook mail & outlook office 2010 should keep their e-mail on any isp without have another e-mail provider it is unfair. Have you a complaint e-form to virginmedia directly as I cannot use any telephone as I use SMS text on my mobile? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your help 用心棒 really appreciated.

Hello andrewweb

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems accessing Webmail. We only provide mailboxes for active broadband customers and it would look to be as suspected that the mailboxes you mentioned are on a disconnected account. As such the only access for the moment is IMAP or POP3. I do appreciate that this may be quite inconvenient for you but as mentioned it may be time to consider setting up a new non Virgin Media mailbox. If you have any problems we the community will continue to do our best to help.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
andrewweb
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Nicola,

this is very extremely disgusted the 90 days disactivation policy as t is still breaching the rights under the disablement discrimination act which should never be used on blueyonder & virginmedia e-mail account for registered blind people as it SHOULD BE LEFT ACTIVE  for the whole life of the e-mail customer of whether they with virginmedia or not this should BE TAKEN INTO NO ACCOUMT TO SUSPEND THE EX CUSTOMER ACCOUNT, but after June this I will be returning back to virgin again & will the ex customer without creating a new e-mail account & this should be remain the same address as before????

the activation policy it is illegal 

0 Kudos