Menu
Richard21
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

smtp settings

Hi we have just joined virgin media and are struggling. I've seen old posts on this but can't seem to find an answer.

My wife and I both have our own websites and email addresses. Since joining we are able to download emails (office and windows 10 mail) but not send them, I have looked up and entered smtp settings for virgin media with no success. can anyone shed  any light on this. we are getting very frustrated.

It either wont connect to send or I get an error message "server interrupted" or something similar.

Regards

Richard

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: smtp settings

Ideally you should use the SMTP servers provided by your email supplier. Alternatively you can try using the VM server but you will need to use your VM email address and password to authenticate the outgoing server.
Richard21
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: smtp settings

thank's Graham smtp from email provider doesn't work either, however you have touched on something I didn't know that authenticating with VM email and password that's new to me thank you. as my wife set it up i'll get that from her and try

Thank you

0 Kudos