Menu
Kathdeb0
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

signing to email on web

I am the registered account holder and have 2 virginmedia.com email addresses one of which I sign into My Virgin Media account  and my husband has 1 email virginmedia.com email address.

After 6 years we are finding it difficult to sign onto our email addresses that are not the account holders . The sign in box only asks for the My Virgin account one over the last few days.

I rang the helpline and was told to delete all previous web links, which I have  done as far as I can see,  and have deleted all browsing history but we are still unable to access our emails through the web . Please can you explain why this is happening after 6 years and what I need to do to rectify the problem.

I use windows live for my 2 email accounts and am having no problems so for home use I am thinking of using Thunderbird for my husband but I am still worried that when away we won't be able to sign in, though perhaps it is only this home computer that the problem is on.

We use internet explorer and firefox search engines and have windows 7 . We don't like changes and have kept to what is familiar.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: signing to email on web

You should be able to sign into webmail just by entering your husband's email address and password in the sign in page.  Make sure you are not already signed into My Virgin Media or webmail with your account before you do this.

use either http://email.virginmedia.com or https://www.virginmedia.com/email

bevanlock
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have the same issue since yesterday with my emails that I have had for 10 years or more.  I am still a VM customer so it is nothing to do with payment etc.  I have tried everything but keep getting the message telling me my accounts are no longer valid.

It is so frustrating. I'm having to move all my email contacts over to my outlook.com address.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@bevanlock Welcome to the forum.  As you are new to the forum you may not have fully read the community guidelines.  Please don't make repeated posts across the forum on the same issue.  It doesn't help the Forum Team to provide support.

You have a thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-account-logins-suddenly-disappeared/m-p/3336601 where you have been advised to call in to get a quick response.  The forum team can take several days to get to these threads.

bevanlock
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough.

I am responding to other people with the same issue, not posting multiple times.  Do you mean I cant respond to other posts if they ask if other people have experienced the same issue?

I hope you understand how frustrating it is for your email to suddenly be cancelled with no notice and no obvious reason.  And despite numerous attempts to contact via telephone I am getting nowhere because I am being told the volume of calls is very high ....yada, yada, yada.;

I suspect VM would be quick enough to respond if I dont pay my bill one month.

You have now made the decision for me and I will stop using VM email from today.  

And as I'm now in 'the naughty corner' I will refrain from using this forum again.   Have a nice day

Kathdeb0
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your email reply. I spoke to  2  advisors at Virginmedia via 150  and both have not solved the problem. I have now moved all my husbands email onto thunderbird, as nothing has changed. I find we can get access once and then that connection immediatley reverts to asking for My Virgin Media account email, and does not acept the other email address.  I even had a message saying that the acount had ben deleted but luckily it was still one of my other ccounts. I think it must be there system that has got a glich. 

0 Kudos
Kathdeb0
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks but have tried as many new ways as I can to solve problem but now rersorted to opening a thunderbird account for this email addess.

0 Kudos