Menu
al_bear
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

signing in problems getting worse

Constantly being asked if I'm a robot was bad enough  - but now it takes numerous attempts to get past the silly little pictures , click road signs, click mountains, click shopfronts , all that happens is a different set pops up - there must be something wrong at your end

Numerous means about 10 at least

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: signing in problems getting worse

Try the simple measure of clearing your browser cache and cookies. The system seems to have a counter built in so that if you frequently access web mail you increase the likelihood of seeing the captcha screens. I get this occasionally.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
al_bear
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My cache is cleared every time I close my browser, I usually visit webmail ONCE a Day around 6am

But why do I get so many captchas to do each time

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, that is odd. What kind of device do you use to access your mail? That might give us a clue.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I only get those messages if I am on a VPN.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Note that if you set your browser to automatically clear your cookies when you close it, you will have to go through any login or preferences dialogues with any websites from scratch each time you open your browser. Clearing cache files will cause websites to load more slowly after you restart your browser. So doing this has downsides. It’s up to you whether those downsides are worth the (alleged) privacy increase.

If, as Bestie suggests, you are also using VPN, there is a long history of VPN and reCaptcha interaction problems. Google "VPN and reCaptcha" to see these. Again, that's a matter of individual choice.

0 Kudos