Menu
chap_with_pc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sent email blocked as 'Spam Content'

Hi All,

I am experiencing a new problem when sending emails: an email that has a spreadsheet attached is failing to send, and I get the error message "Message could not be sent. Error message from e-mail transport server: 554-554 5.2.0 Spam content found". I often work from home, and I had no problem sending these same spreadsheets just a few weeks ago - but now they refuse to send. Emails that do not have attachments are sending fine.

Any ideas of what I need to do, as this is causing great problems getting information to my work colleagues.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sent email blocked as 'Spam Content'

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@J0hn

The problem is that @chap_with_pc is sending via webmail and the mail won't send.  (I recognise the message) - Virgin's outbound spam filter on webmail strikes again.

You could try sending using an email client such as Thunderbird instead.  The outgoing mail uses different servers so will get through.

@ForumTeam Can someone take a look.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@J0hn

The problem is that @chap_with_pc is sending via webmail and the mail won't send.  (I recognise the message) - Virgin's outbound spam filter on webmail strikes again.

You could try sending using an email client such as Thunderbird instead.  The outgoing mail uses different servers so will get through.

@ForumTeam Can someone take a look.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chap_with_pc, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being bounced as Spam Content Found. 

There has been some changes to the email systems recently to help prevent this type of bounce back. If you are still having trouble please pop me a PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner) with the following information: 

The header of the failed sent email, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos