Menu
GIxes
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

send emails from different addresses?

I share the webmail with my partner - can we both send emails from different addresses? I want to use the default, she wants to use a non virgin address that is picked up by our account. We had this set up in previous version but am struggling to replicate with the new version

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: send emails from different addresses?

Hi Gixes,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, interesting query, it's possible to add a different sender address via the settings (cog) icon, just click on email and then default sender address, once added you can select any address listed here as the sender address when composing new mail (via the sender drop down on the left margin).

Hope this helps.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Silo
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ralph_R,

This is a useful guide except that when I go to "Default sender address" I can't find a way of adding another address.

I have also tried to achieve the same result by adding a new account, but I don't know what to enter in "Server name".

I'd really appreciate any help you (or anyone) can provide.

Silo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Silo,

I would love to help with this but unfortunately webmail access isn't working at the moment. It is being investigated, ref: F005154348, and, as soon as it's fixed I'll log in to our test webmail account and see if I can understand what the 'server name' field is asking for. I can't recall without checking sorry Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when adding an email account into VM webmail the 'server name' fields are where you enter the pop3/imap and smtp server names for the email account you are adding.  These would depend on which @domain the email address is on.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham.

You may find this link helpful Silo, it explains what server settings are required for the various VM domains. Just select the domain that you use (blueyonder.co.uk, ntlworld.com, virgin.net or virginmedia.com).

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Add account is used to pull in mail from accounts other than the account the Webmail platform is signed in for.

For example, If I look at my blueyonder webmail.  I've added accounts for the following

1. my Yahoo address.
2. my virginmedia.com address
3. my Gmail address

So for each account, the server settings would be different.

1. Needs the Yahoo imap and smtp settings.
  2. Needs the virginmedia.com imap and smtp settings.
  3. Needs the Gmail imap and smtp settings.

To find the relevant settings just enter <name> and email server settings into an internet search.

Once you've successfully added an external account (and my understanding from the original post was that you've done this), when you compose a mail, There should be a little down arrow by the From: field.

Click the From: field and you should see a list of email addresses you can send as

Fromlist.JPG

Just select the relevant one and compose away.

HTH

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.