Menu
stushaw5398g
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

rubbish email service

I am getting fed up with the very poor service from virgin email and want to transfer my virgin email address book to a gmail account any help would be appreciated. I just reached 70 years old so don't get to technical please. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: rubbish email service

This?

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56283?hl=en

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
stushaw5398g
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First of all thank you for responding. I have managed to transfer my emails to my new gmail account but it will not allow me to transfer my address book from virgin mail or live.co.uk mail. Virginmail will not even allow me to print off my address book so that I can type in all my contacts individually. I think it is going to be a long drawn out process. Virgin mail was perfect for me up until just few weeks ago and when you contact tech support they just come back with a standard answer '' We are aware of the problem and an engineer is on his way to fix it''. Trouble is it never does get fixed and I have  Virgin broadband. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Put "Export address book" into the search box at the top of this page and hit the red Search button. Various answers there.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try this:

1. Select the Address Book to be exported
  2. Click ⁡ (appearing to right of address book name) and then select Export from the pop-up menu
  3. Change the Format from CSV to vCARD
  4. Click Export and either select an appropriate location or create a new folder
  5. Click Save

Imported vCard file to Google Mail, check the entries for correctness and then recreate any distribution lists you had.

By the way, there is a print option but  that only outputs information useful in a phone book.

0 Kudos
stushaw5398g
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have my most sincere gratitude for life. I appreciate the way you made it easy to follow, thank you.

0 Kudos