Menu
richardapley
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

receiving emails

A number of the emails being sent to me seem to be taking up to 24 hours to reach me. Has anyone else experienced this and was there a reason or solution or both? Thank you. Richard

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: receiving emails

Hello Richard,

Yes, there are widespread problems with delayed emails for Virgin Media accounts.  Your fastest solution is to open a free email account elsewhere and start using it.  I suggest a Gmail account.  

All email providers work hard to block spam from being delivered to their accounts.  Since August 2015, Virgin Media has been struggling more than others and is inadvertently both blocking and delaying legitimate emails on large scale with the result that you cannot be certain that you are receiving all of the emails which have been sent to you and may receive emails which have been delayed by hours or days.  Large email providers such as Google are not having this kind of problem.  Here are some of the many reports, most about messages which could not be delivered, but you'll find other cases of delayed messages in the list.  Both problems are unacceptable and have not been resolved over weeks or months despite numerous reports.

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

There was one recent report where a package from Amazon arrived faster than the corresponding order-confirmation email from Amazon which had been delayed significantly by the Virgin Media email system.  Most people cannot afford to operate with an email account like that.

-Wrock.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Always worth looking at previous posts first.   Search for delayed email or rate limiting and you will see what is currently happening for some VM customers. 

Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Richard,

Yes, there are widespread problems with delayed emails for Virgin Media accounts.  Your fastest solution is to open a free email account elsewhere and start using it.  I suggest a Gmail account.  

All email providers work hard to block spam from being delivered to their accounts.  Since August 2015, Virgin Media has been struggling more than others and is inadvertently both blocking and delaying legitimate emails on large scale with the result that you cannot be certain that you are receiving all of the emails which have been sent to you and may receive emails which have been delayed by hours or days.  Large email providers such as Google are not having this kind of problem.  Here are some of the many reports, most about messages which could not be delivered, but you'll find other cases of delayed messages in the list.  Both problems are unacceptable and have not been resolved over weeks or months despite numerous reports.

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

There was one recent report where a package from Amazon arrived faster than the corresponding order-confirmation email from Amazon which had been delayed significantly by the Virgin Media email system.  Most people cannot afford to operate with an email account like that.

-Wrock.

richardapley
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much indeed, and apologies that I didn't reply sooner. Richard
0 Kudos