Menu
gvanzwieten
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

receiving emails with time delay

The last couple of weeks I notice that Virgin servers have been very slow. Sending emails from another provider to my Virgin account can take up to 40 minutes before receiving. While at the same time sending those messages to another non virgin account are received almost immediately. What causes this ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: receiving emails with time delay

Rate limiting/grey listing to prevent spammers.

Start here and follow the threads through:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/incoming-email-delays-to-ntlworld-account/td-p/3170961

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
gvanzwieten
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have been in contact with Virgin help line and they said nothing seems wrong> So can Virgin tell me why I receive emails from yesterday send by my customers around 14:30pm are only received like 3:06am !!!! Appalling! Especially as they are important mails that needed immediate answers. And as usual you get no satisfying answers from their technical staff. Virgin I challenge you here and now to answer me !!! I am angry!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gvanzwieten, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being delayed. 

As mentioned by HowardML it does sound like rate limiting, but I would need to see a header of one of the delayed mails to try to confirm this. 

Pop it across to me via PM (Purple Enevlope top right hand corner) and I will take a closer look for you. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

*edit spelling

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide