Uri
Crafty
Uri
Helpful Answer

re"Google Apps Server Error " message

Having obtained an additional email address with a different domain name (virginmedia.com) to my previous one (ntlworld.com), and experiencing  the apparent common difficulty signing in, I find your Help menu "Difficulty signing-in to Email"advises I click on @virginmedia.com - which I do, successfully opening the account. But it seems I will have to  go to Help and do this on every occasion. The Help advice does not indicate whether the problem is a temporary one or whether this procedure must be undertaken indefinitely in order to open the email address. Please can someone clarify. Perhaps the Help advice can be clearer.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: re"Google Apps Server Error " message

[ Edited ]

somtimes the cookies which direct the common login page to the correct login for the various different domains gets in a twist. See if you don't get better results by going direct to the appropriate webmail domain login (they all look the same, but try mis-matching the domains and check the result.)

Making Waves
HildaSequin

I have just spent the best part of 3 days trying to access my @ntlworld.com email account and getting the 'Google Apps - Server Error' message. I also have been able to access it by using the Help button but wanted to know - as did Uri before me - if it is a permanent thing or not. The advice on the Help page is not that good.  My home page is Virgin Media and I used to just click on the My Email button but now I assume I should just paste the link you have advised into my address bar.  Is this right? This problem seems to have occurred since Virgin changed the look of their website or is that just coincidence?  I am sorry if I sound useless but I am such a novice at all this computer lark!  Hopefuly I will learn something from any advice given to me. 

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

HildaSequin wrote:

I have just spent the best part of 3 days trying to access my @ntlworld.com email account and getting the 'Google Apps - Server Error' message. I also have been able to access it by using the Help button but wanted to know - as did Uri before me - if it is a permanent thing or not. The advice on the Help page is not that good.  My home page is Virgin Media and I used to just click on the My Email button but now I assume I should just paste the link you have advised into my address bar.  Is this right? This problem seems to have occurred since Virgin changed the look of their website or is that just coincidence?  I am sorry if I sound useless but I am such a novice at all this computer lark!  Hopefuly I will learn something from any advice given to me. 

just copy/paste the appropriate link above into a shortcut and use that. If you have various VM addresses with different endings then you will need one shortcut for each.

Fresh as a Daisy
kptame

This advice does not work for me; if I click on the link in the help pages, it takes me straight back to the error pages.  I've tried deleting the cookies.

thanks

Kim

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

kptame wrote:

This advice does not work for me; if I click on the link in the help pages, it takes me straight back to the error pages.  I've tried deleting the cookies.

thanks

Kim

that is because (despite appearances) you are still logged in. Click the sign out link in blue on the error page, then try signing in at the appropriate link:

Emerging Talent
scrapbook

No matter what I try I can't get web access to my e-mails either.

A complete joke.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Oliver_C

Hi scrapbook, 

Can you please explain what steps you have done to try and access your webmail?  What sort of error are you receiving?

Can you first delete all cookies, temporary internet files etc, try to login from here first and then click on the "email" link at the top right.  

If that fails, can you come back to us and let us know what error it is providing. 

Kind Regards,

Oliver C

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
scrapbook

I have tried all of the above, but to no avail.

If I link into my email via the my virgin media account it takes me to my original ntlworld email inbox. I can not access any of my other account by this method.

In trying to access my e-mail via the normal web based email account options I continually get the Google Apps Server Error no matter which way I try to get in.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
robinwilson16

Just thought I would post as it looks like this still isn't fixed after 3 years which is a longer delay than Virgin trains!

Just trying to help someone move their email somewhere else and a fresh login on either IE, Firefox or Chrome goes to the Google Apps error and then I needed to search for the solution which I found here (I have never logged into Virgin email before). Can't you make a single link which works or add 4 options to the mail drop-down on the homepage to save all the confusion?

Better still, a basic redirect page would be able to look at the domain part the user entered and forward to the appropriate Google Apps page. This could be written in about 2 minutes by a developer and would solve all these issues.

Also registering on the forum shows a confusing message saying thank you for registering and to choose and avatar then underneath it says you do not have sufficient privileges for that action. Then to post I had to clear all cookies and copy and paste the address as the reply button was still grayed out after the account was verified.

These kinds of issues should not be occurring.

Robin

Please use plain text.