Menu
retiredrobin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

problem logging in to email

For some months now I have had a problem logging into my email account. With an Apple Mac Mini 2012 vintage I use Firefox mainly but the problem is the same using Chrome.

I have spoken to virgin several times, they have changed the port on my router from 1 to 3, I also allowed virgin to take over my mac and make some changes, all to no avail.

I updated my OS to Sierra 10.12 this month and with advice from Apple who told me I did not need to up my amount of RAM, I zapped my NVPRAM, reset the system management controller etc etc. My Mac seems to be working perfectly in all other respects other than logging in to my email!

On opening every day I get  "The service is not available right now - retry",  I also get on odd days  "Sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties - website out of action and sometimes like today a message on a full page blue panel again telling me could not connect (cannot remember exact message) I need help please before I go elsewhere for my broadband.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: problem logging in to email

Virgin Media now consider their email service to be an "added value service". As such it is not required to be fully supported, if supported at all.

用心棒 is correct, find an ISP independent email provider and use their services instead.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
retiredrobin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

用心棒 and Sololobo, thank you both for your feedback. I am not at my computer for the next week but I will do as you suggest and also seriously think about a change of email provider when I return.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try the following to see if it provides some relief after signing in:

• Go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com, if not already there
  • Reload the web page by pressing ctrl + cmd + R or ctrl + cmd + shiftR to bypass web browser's cache

You should take the opportunity to find a non ISP-based email provider better suited to your needs; see Wikipedia's Mailbox provider and Comparison of webmail providers articles.

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Media now consider their email service to be an "added value service". As such it is not required to be fully supported, if supported at all.

用心棒 is correct, find an ISP independent email provider and use their services instead.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
retiredrobin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

用心棒 and Sololobo, thank you both for your feedback. I am not at my computer for the next week but I will do as you suggest and also seriously think about a change of email provider when I return.

0 Kudos
Robbie1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am getting exactly the same problems. The email service is so unreliable. I either get service not available and like you sometimes a blue page saying service not available

When I do think it is working it takes so long it then just stops.

Sometimes I log into my virgin media account and then click on email. Have had to do this just now but it does not always work. The robot thing is also driving me mad , Come on Virgin get your act together

0 Kudos
MaryMitchell
Settling in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you may have sent a response but its not coming through on my mobile not the laptop. For some reason you have corrected on e mobile but not the other. Please sort out . How can I get emails on laptop and not on mobile  I used the same email address and password to set this up on mobile. Please check your setup when you altered your browser.

0 Kudos