Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
hess

ntlworld email problems

Hi,can anyone help?I cannot receive my main ntlworld emails on incredimail,windows mail or outlook, I keep getting 'protocol error'  can send ok, can read them on virgin webmail, I can receive all my aliases no problems at all. Have tried various settings recommended on this forum,have been in touch with tech help on phone but to no avail,the said it is incredimail....rubbish. Have even tried on another computer and get the same error. 

IT HAS BEEN WORKING OK UPTO A FEW DAYS AGO & I'VE NOT ALTERED ANYTHING.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP?????

I'm now resorting to one of my aliases but my Paypal account is on the main email so i need it working

in anticipation

Chris

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kevnisa

Re: ntlworld email problems

same here, but on Outlook 2007.

I have 6 ntlworld accounts in this household and all work fine except one, which can only send email. webmail works fine however. I have deleted the accoun,t readded and triple checked configurations but no joy.

Phone 'Techs' say its an Outlook issue ( the easy option) and that the account in question has no issues. Someone at Virgin end must have a idea as to what the issue is.. Test error message reads

Log into incoming mail server (pop3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your username and password in your account properties. under tools, click e-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR Protocol error.

Someone must know something. Please!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
stevereynolds

I am having similar problems. i use lotus notes and obtain my email through smtp and pop addresses. No problem until 1st Feb when it all stops and my email is now building up on the website instead of replicating to my PC. i made no changes to PC or settings it just stopped. I have spoken to the 'tech support' (sounded like they were in india as usual) and they reset my password. Went throught the process with lotus notes and changed password, still doesn't work and still not getting mail. Thanks Virgin................excellent customer service, getting as good as british gas and BT !!

Does anyone actually know what the problem is???

Please use plain text.
MJK
Making Waves
MJK

Hi

I was using Thunderbird 2 and around about 10/01/2010 it stopped downloading my e-mails. The web mail access was working fine. I spent a few days trying to discover what was wrong but couldn't find the problem. I read in Webuser magazine that Thunderbird 3 had been released and that to set it up all you need to do was to enter your e-mail address and password and it would go off and find out all your account settings. I installed Thunderbird 3 on a different PC and went through the set up process and I was surprised that it identified the incoming server as imap.ntlworld.com. It had always been pop3.ntlworld.com. I thought Thunderbird had got it wrong so I changed it to pop3 but my e-mail still didn't download. I then changed it back to IMAP and it has started working again. I intended to check with Virgin to see if they had changed anything but haven't got around to it. I just saw your posts this evening and your experience sounded the same as mine. The manual settings for the IMAP server are listed on the Help section at virgin media.com - follow the link to E-mail help, then go to the second page of Top Topics, there is a link to "e-mail settings for addresses ending in ntlworld.com". This shows you the manual settings for IMAP and POP3. I don't know if this will work for you.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mickandy

I am having the same problems with Incredimail. All worked fine until a loss of internet connection by Virgin. I now get the odd one coming through but the majority sit in my Virgin email inbox.

I have had 3 calls to Virgin engineers,each one checked my settings etc.

Incredimail have tried all sorts of things,removing programme and re-installing.

Virgin were supposed to call me at 9.30am on Monday morning and you guessed it,silence.

I have been with Virginmedia for several years and their service stinks.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mickandy

Have got a gmail address now and configured in Incredimail and it seems to be working,forwarding all my e mails.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Hi mickandy,

Are you getting any error message when Incredimail is trying to fetch from your Virgin mail box? If not, can you go into the settings and try putting recent: in front of your email address as the username please?

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mickandy

Jason forgive me but I am a silver surfer and need a bit more help.

I do not get any error message.

Re Settings

Are we talking about Virgin inbox?

Incredimail?

Do you mean accounts in Incredimail?

Sorry to be a pain Jason but need a little patience as well as your help.

Kind regards

A

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mickandy

[ Edited ]

Jason I have done as you suggested and went into Incredimail "Tools" then "Email accounts" and changed my NTL email address by inserting "recent:" in front of my username in the incoming mail server.

This forwarded everything from my Virgin inbox including mail that I have sent as well as mail received.

Will it continue to do this ?

Do not really want mail I have sent as I have a copy in Incredimail.

Does this mean I do not need the GMail account anymore as I do not use it.

Can I delete it from my Virgin and Incredimail accounts?

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is finally sorted once and for all.

Kind regards

A

Please use plain text.