Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
sammyv
Helpful Answer

ntlworld.com email still not working

I still can't access my ntlworld.com email address after 3months!  Can any one help?

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: ntlworld.com email still not working

1. how are you trying to access it?
  2. what happens when you try?
  3. Have you tried via https://mail.ntlworld.com
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi sammyv,

Are you still experiencing issues with your email? If so, could you advise if slated's suggestions helped at all?
Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
sammyv

I have been using the web page you have suggested but it just says that I've entered the wrong username or password (which is definitely not the case). 

I've also tried using the .virginmedia.com username in case this has changed but again no luck.

The only way I have been accessing my ntlworld.com account is through mail2web.com but emails goes missing when you opened them!

Is there anything that virginmedia can do to solve this problem???!!!

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

do you still pay for a Virginmedia broadband internet account? If not, you need to know that webmail access for expired broadband accounts will no longer work, and indeed the whole email acount will only be hanging by a thread, waiting for housekeeping to delete it.

One to Watch
sammyv

No I don't pay for broadband internet account. From what I've gathered some people are able to access their ntlworld account - just not individuals like me for some reasons. 

How can I find out if my broadband account is going to be expired? 

I really need some very important emails off my ntlworld account.  Currently I am using mail2web to access my account but once emails are opened they get deleted.  Also sometimes the emails do not open, but once you've cliked the email it get deleted so you only get one shot at it!  Because these emails are so important I can't take this risk.  Is there another email hosting account you can recommend?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

emails are not deleted once opened, unless you specifically delete them. To access all previous emails use IMAP access via web2mail instead of using the default POP3 access. The settings required are here:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/web/custom/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=A1648189-DCC8-4954-946C-95D4BD8C3...

If you struggle with them, use the virginmedia servers instead:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/web/custom/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=D78BA863-ACDB-47E4-908B-282144054...

Since your email account could expire permanently at any moment I would suggest all haste.

You might find that using an email client on your computer is a better option for storing a permanent copy of all emails currently on your webmail account. Windows Live Mail is free, so too Mozilla Thunderbird. Same settings as per previous links.