Menu
MarkMcc123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld additional email account has stopped working

Hi,

Since Thursday 16th March my wife's ntlworld email account has stopped working this was a second account attached to my main ntlworld account. My main account is continuing to send and receive emails at present.

I can not logon via webmail to my old account to check what has happened to her account. I can still logon to an old virgin.net email account and attach my main ntlworld account but cannot attach the second account can someone tell me what has happened?

I used to be a virgin cable broadband customer but moved to an area we could not get cable broadband two years ago and had to move to another ISP. However I was assured I could continue to use all my email addresses as was the case up until Thursday.

I have followed the instructions regarding changing over to relevant "virginmedia.com" mail servers but am getting authentication errors and when I try to reset the password I get invalid account as if the account has been deleted.

Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
MarkMcc123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ntlworld additional email account has stopped working

Thanks Graham,

If this is the case then they well exceeded the 90 day grace period as they have both been active for over 2 years, however my son is now a VM customer can I have the email accounts reinstated and linked to his account to continue using them? Probably a question for VM customer service to answer?

If they can confirm the status of the mailboxes I can then seek to have them added to his account.

Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media email accounts, including the legacy domains have to be linked to an active VM Broadband Account to continue operating.

Whoever told you otherwise was mistaken. Sometimes they slip through the net and continue working beyond the 90 day grace period.

I would suggest your wife's account has now been deleted and yours is likely to go soon as well.
MarkMcc123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Graham,

If this is the case then they well exceeded the 90 day grace period as they have both been active for over 2 years, however my son is now a VM customer can I have the email accounts reinstated and linked to his account to continue using them? Probably a question for VM customer service to answer?

If they can confirm the status of the mailboxes I can then seek to have them added to his account.

Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A member of the Forum Team should be able to check the exact status of the email accounts when they get to this thread in a few days.  Thew will likely send you a private message to gather personal information.

As I understand it the process of transferring email addresses from a closed account to an active one would replace any email addresses already on that account, so you son may not be happy with that route.

There are a flurry of posts today about issues with ntlworld accounts so there may be something else going on that is causing access issues.  There are fewer staff on the boards on Saturdays and none on Sundays so it would be Monday at the earliest for staff input here.

MarkMcc123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks Graham interestingly within minutes of posting this my main account has stopped working now....

This will cause me serious problems as I use this email to apply for jobs currently thats me offline for a few days at least.

and typically its the email address I used to sign up to here on so no longer getting email notifications about this forum... wonderful customer service..A bit of notice that they had identified some orphaned accounts and sent some email to them a week before removal would have helped.

I wonder how many other people are in similar positions.

0 Kudos
MarkMcc123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmm.. further update my account is now working again however issue still persists with my wife's account.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I flagged these issues with NTLworld accounts to the VM staff earlier this afternoon.  They are going to take a look to see what is happening.  But as I posted earlier nothing will happen before Monday.

jfmsimpson
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I only have the one email Account yes it is 'NTL' and I'm in unfortunate position of being unemployed at present and to have email Account out of action is extremely problematic as all applications are via email. Also my CV has Email shown so I will miss out on any communication from Agents or prospective Employers.

Thank you Virgin Media for making my employment search even more difficult than it is for me at the moment.

When I signed up they asked me to verify my email address interesting that since I can' even access the Account!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarkMcc123,

Apologies for your odd email access issues. We are already investigating a few reports of webmail access issues (3 loading dots). I am not sure though that your issue is related.

As your email accounts are not linked to an active broadband service I shall need to check their status on our systems and then see what we can do after that. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested (personal) data and I'll see what we need to do next.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos