Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Clever-clogs
sophie100

ntlworld account - spam and deleting emails

I normally only view my emails through Outlook. After a number of emails I was expecting didn't arrive, I was advised to look in my spam folder. It was only at this point, on looking at this forum, that I began to realise that there are numerous problems with this service.

I managed to work out how to view my spam folder at all. I am now working my way through nearly 2,000 messages, trying to find my missing messages.

I have a number of questions:

1. How do I turn off spam filtering? I'm an adult; I have Outlook; I like to make my own decisions. I have found the various instructions available on this forum simply confusing; none of them seems to apply to the screens that I find myself looking at.

2. How do I bulk delete folders when, under Basic HTML view - which is the only way that I can view the spam folder - there is no apparent way of "selecting all"?

Thanking you all for any help you can offer.

William

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
sophie100

Re: ntlworld account - spam and deleting emails

PS when is VM likely to sort out the problem of ntlworld customers being able to view webmail properly?

This problem has clearly been around for some time.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
sophie100

Could someone from VM please attend to this post?

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

[ Edited ]

Hi Sophie

You cannot turn off spam filtering, but you can create a filter in the webmail to deliver all the spam to your inbox from where outlook should download it.

The actual filter I use to ensure I get all messages is
"Does not contain - TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

However even this is not failsafe as someone may one day send me a message with the word TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT in it and it may still end up in my spam folder.

You could also use IMAP in your Microsoft Outlook which would enable you to see the spam folder in Outlook.

Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi Sophie, looks like I missed your other queries.

As far as I am aware you cannot bulk delete in Basic view, however with a little tweaking of the screen settings you should be able to see the spam folder in standard view. Use the ctrl key and the + or - key to zoom into or out of the screen until you can get to the spam folder.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
sophie100

Dear Steve,

Two very helpful responses; thank you.

I note that my partner who has a viginmedia.com address does not need to fiddle about with the screen in order to see everything in standard view.

As a holder of an ntlworld.com account (I would understand from other posts that this is the reason why I do not automatically get to see everything without having to fiddle around with the screen as you suggested) am I going to be able to get the same view? (one day?)

It's more than a niggle. As I get older my eyesight is not all that it once was, and diminishing the screen font does bring problems of a different sort.

I look forward to hearing from you.

William

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Dale_T

[ Edited ]

Hi sophie100,

The views for webmail with virginmedia.com & ntlworld.com are shown exactly the same way.

Is your partner using another computer to you?

Possibility is that the resolution of the screen is different due to your partner having a larger screen and therefore they are able to view webmail easier, if you try seeing your webmail on your partners computer then you should be able to see a difference if this is the case.

Kind Regards,

Dale_T

Please use plain text.