Menu
QueenAli
Tuning in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: not receiving ntlworld e-mail

I'm sorry HowardML, I didn't mean to be rude to you. It's just that I'm very frustrated and worried by this and have just spent nearly a whole working day trying to sort it out.

Thank you for your reply - it is appreciated.

Alison

0 Kudos
Highlighted
coenoby
Superfast
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

QueenAli wrote:

Just wanted to say many thanks for your help coenoby. Alison

Hi Alison,

I'm glad I could at least shed some light on this. You will at least get a clear and definitive answer from the VM employees on the Forum Team.

In the meantime my advice is to start investigating your options for opening an email account or accounts elsewhere.

As HowardML has said, if you need email for business use the best advice to set it up on your own domain on a properly hosted email service. ISP email services are really not the way to go for business use for all sorts of reasons.

I hope it all works out ok I'll continue to watch this thread with interest.

Regarding your concerns 'Are you telling me that I have lost all my e-ms and no longer have access to my e-m account? If so, why did I not get any notice?'  Believe me, most of us on this forum cannot understand Virgin's lack of communication on this matter. You are one of many I'm afraid.

coenoby

If someone posts a helpful message you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Superfast
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

HowardML wrote:

Your wish is my command @coenoby

Many thanks for that Howard.

If someone posts a helpful message you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as an Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
QueenAli
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again coenoby. Our set up is complicated - I'll spare you the details - but I do already have a web hosting service and e-m account that I use for most of my business mail. As is the way though when you are self employed, some people use my other addresses too. And now I can't even see if I've missed anything, work related or otherwise, that needs my attention. Plus I will have to go through all my subscriptions one by one to change them. Ho hum. As you say, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Regards,

Alison

0 Kudos
QueenAli
Tuning in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have just contacted VM who have reset the password for the account. This seems to have fixed it - for now at least. Many thanks to coenoby and HowardML for your input.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You had better be careful. The password fix is only temporary and your accounts are seriously at risk and will be so again shortly. Get this sorted as a matter of business resilience and and as a matter of urgency. Your residential e-mail addresses could go at any time and their contents will not be retrievable when they do. I couldn't have put this more clearly.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
coenoby
Superfast
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alison,

HowardML has said it all in the latest post.

I would only add that you need to take the opportunity straight away to retrieve the contact details that are currently held in your VM email account as well as making sure that you have all your important emails backed up, presumably in your Outlook client.

If you have time you might like to skim through a thread I started earlier this week.Former-VM-customers-losing-access-to-their-VM-email-accounts

I am glad that things have worked out reasonably well for you. Many ex Virgin customers have lost important emails and contact details after their email accounts were closed without notice.

Regards

coenoby

QueenAli
Tuning in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I take your point and have already started transferring online accounts away from my old VM addresses. Thanks again to you both. Alison