Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6 (97 Views)

no incoming emails

I don't know if I have changed my settings by accident. I tried setting up a second email and in the process I think I inadvertently changed something. I can send emails no problem.

I can't seem to get into setting to change anything. Help we be much appreciated. 

Kind regards

Benson

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6 (69 Views)

Re: no incoming emails

Hi Benson,

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing with your email account. I shall do my best to help but need a little more information first:

• How are you accessing email - via a client (Outllook, Thunderbird, MacMail etc) or webmail?
  • What happens when you attempt to access the settings?
  • If you use a client, is your incoming server set up as POP or IMAP?

Please ensure you have the correct server settings for your Virgin Media email account.

However, if you're using webmail and the settings page won't load please click in the address window and press ctrl and F5 on your keypad. You may need to repeat this a few times.

Keep me updated - once I understand how you are accessing mail I shall be able to provide more specific help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6 (61 Views)

Hi Jen,

Thanks for getting back to me. Since I posted this post. My default email has started to work again, but all my old emails which were on the virginmedia server have vanished? I access my mail through Windows Mail  and the Virginmedia server. My incoming server is IMAP. All the settings are correct as far as I can tell.

What is strange is how emails which were sent yesterday from friends just to see if it was working have not arrived only new mail from this morning has arrived.

Kind Regards

Benson

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (51 Views)

Hi Benson,

I'm pleased your email account is now working again Smiley Happy

Hmm but how to locate your missing emails?

• Which folder(s) were these emails in (Inbox, Spam, Trash or a custom folder)?
  • Have you inspected all folders in webmail?

Be aware too that deleting emails from the client, when set up as IMAP, will also remove them from the server.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6 (48 Views)

Hi Jen,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think your correct. As I have reset with IMAP. I have more than likely deleted all my emails Smiley Surprised

Anyway everything is back to normal. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Benson

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6 (42 Views)

My pleasure Smiley Happy

Thanks for the update and do come back to us if you ever need help with anything else.

Have a lovely weekend Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos