Menu
madmarvel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

my ntlworld.com emails not being recieved for 2 days now

I've not been receiving any emails in my ntlworld,com inbox for the last 2 days, had this email since before virginmedia took over from ntl, I sign into my emails via the virginmedia website and spoke to someone at virgin yesterday about it, they sent me an email to my address while on the phone still not received, been a problem for a few months now with getting some emails and all of them, now it seems I'm not getting any, had this email address for 10 years and it is a very important email for and various accounts I have, now it seems virgin don't really care about getting this sorted. Its getting to a point where its costing me a lot of money and work, if its not sorted by today I'm not going to have any money for xmas, as some emails I've been waiting for are financially related. email me at ############## as I won't see any replies via virginmedia until its fixed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: my ntlworld.com emails not being recieved for 2 days now

Two things. I have asked the Mods to remove your -mail address from this post. This is a public forum which any one and anything can read when looking for live e-mail addresses to spam. And it happens with spam bots. So unless you want plenty of spam for Xmas stick to the Forum rules and remember to safeguard your privacy. Replies to questions on this Forum come through the Forum. No one will ever e-mail you. Clear?

Second your post gives us no information whatever about what my be going on so it is difficult to offer help. All you've told us is that you are not getting your e-mails. OK my car doesn't start. So what?

Questions that come to mind. Are you a VM broadband customer? How are you collecting your email, PC, laptop, phone (which operating system?), web mail, e-mail program (if so which one and have you checked the settings). Seeing any error messages? What are they? 

I've spent all my time listing questions. I could have spent it offering direct help if you had given more detailed.

We'd like to help get this sorted. You need to help yourself.

Oh and by the way VM is NTL - they just rebranded. So nothing has changed.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
madmarvel
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know Vm is ntL rebranded as I was there in the beginning, and why even reply if you have no idea? What's happening is I'm not receiving no emails via my ntlworld box which is run by virginmedia, so there must be some boxes somewhere to untick in the settings somwhere as to why this is happening, so its not the same as my car don't work you unhelpful patronising **bleep**

HowardML wrote:

Two things. I have asked the Mods to remove your -mail address from this post. This is a public forum which any one and anything can read when looking for live e-mail addresses to spam. And it happens with spam bots. So unless you want plenty of spam for Xmas stick to the Forum rules and remember to safeguard your privacy. Replies to questions on this Forum come through the Forum. No one will ever e-mail you. Clear?

Second your post gives us no information whatever about what my be going on so it is difficult to offer help. All you've told us is that you are not getting your e-mails. OK my car doesn't start. So what?

Questions that come to mind. Are you a VM broadband customer? How are you collecting your email, PC, laptop, phone (which operating system?), web mail, e-mail program (if so which one and have you checked the settings). Seeing any error messages? What are they? 

I've spent all my time listing questions. I could have spent it offering direct help if you had given more detailed.

We'd like to help get this sorted. You need to help yourself.

Oh and by the way VM is NTL - they just rebranded. So nothing has changed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In some respects Howard is right, there is not a lot of information to go on in your original post.

Tracking down missing emails is often best done starting at the sender as they can check whether the email was accepted or rejected in the first place.
In that manner the person you spoke to on the phone could have referred the matter on to the email team, as if they had sent a mail, the outgoing mail transaction from the agent would be in the logged, including the response from Virgin Media's inbound servers.

However even if he did this there is no way this is going to be resolved this side of Xmas.

1. It's a Saturday - and it's Xmas Eve
2. The forum team currently have a 7day+ response time - And no I'm not happy to say it.  But I have to make you aware of the reality.
3. Even if it's referred to the email team it can take at least 7 days for this to be action-ed on.

I am going to flag the post to see if the Forum team can look at this quicker given the financial situation - HOWEVER they still would have to refer this on.

@ModTeam - can you assist?

There is a setting you can check - Virgin originally defaulted the spam settings to reject all mails classed as spam by default.  They are changing this but do not expect to complete it by January now.

Try logging into webmail and checking your spam settings.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

Note Virgin Media has also been rate limiting inbound mails from some sources.  In some cases the rate limiting causes the mail to be either delivered hours or days after it was sent, or ultimately rejected.  There is no setting you can change that can stop this and without knowing more I cannot say for certain that this is the case - but it is something to consider.

Ravenstar68

My apologies if this seems a silly question - but have you checked your spam folder?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello madmarvel

I am sorry you are having problems receiving email but am pleased to see Howard and ravenstar68 are helping, they are very supportive so please regard their advice as valuable, I do. It looks like you have 2 NTLworld mailboxes and they are both showing active here so the next step as suggested please is to make sure you have a spam folder enabled, resend the emails and see if they arrive in there. I feel sure working together we will get to the bottom of it.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos